Deviants To The Deviant

3300+ words

The King sat on his newly acquired throne, a sly grin spread across his face as he stared down at what was left of his competition. Though a hard win for him to get, it was one he had claimed. Leaving him with a trembling child just as he once was.
"Mmm, Kata was it?"

He murmured, hot pink eyes stabbing into the one below. While he did have plans for them now, he'd rather save them a bit for his own pleasure.

"I'm Royal Ka--"
As they began to speak, The King quickly shot them down, raising his voice. As if the soft tone he had before never existed.

"You aren't royalty now, fool!"
He snapped, glasses seeming to show how his pink eyes glew a faint scarlet. Though, he quickly calmed and began to laugh, taking a sip of coffee out of his mug before setting it down on the floor  so he could stand up, taking steps towards the fellow child also brought into this world by the Deviant. Though they had that in common, he did not care to relate.
"Darling, I don't believe you understand your situation. Don't you see?"
He cooed, making his way down the steps till he was finally staring up at the taller one.
"You are the one who controls the final kingdom I must bring down before I own all of D.A."

The King then grabbed their jaw to roughly pull their face down to be more eye level, amused by their horror. He dug his nails into their skin and licked his teeth just to show off his chompers, and their eventual demise. Kata flinched and shook their head, trembling.
"You-I'm immortal I- you can't-"
As he started, he began crying and the smaller one quickly grew tired of the tears.

"Silence!"
He snarled gripping harder onto Kata's chin till it bled, he finally let go though to kick Kata to the ground. The strength surprised Kata, and he fell with a sickening crack as his head fell. But he was still alive. Wriggling and sobbing as his head bled.
"I don't listen to your measly law of immortality, and neither will Deviant now! You have lived long enough, and there's a replacement for you!"
Kata shivered more, slowly beginning to finally die out.

"And that replacement is me~ Vincent!"
The King began to break out into excited but clearly evil laughter as he took Kata's crown, admiring it quietly before proudly setting it on his head, though sticking his main large hair tuft through it. He stomped onto Kata's chest as they died just to blow them a kiss.
"See you on the flip side, love~!"

As the memory faded out, the small cat quietly opened all their eyes. The pearly white staring off into nothing, but somewhat at Vincent. They shook their head and lifted their tail tall despite it being much longer than them and heavy, giving a tranquil hum before looking again.
"The Deviant has tricked you, young traveller."
They murmured, the soft glow from them turning a soft purple.
"There is no place for you to run to without him though, yes?"

Vincent sighed softly, tearing up but refusing to cry.
"Of course, I don't want to be a murderer. I just wanted Deviant to be proud. You... You know how it is."
He whispered, keeping quiet as to not cry.

"They're a father figure to you, the one who brought you home, raised you, loved you when nobody was there. Does it hurt? Hurt to think about them like that? Hurt to think they meant it?"
The questions stabbed at Vincent, but he answered honestly by some unknown force.

"I always knew he used me, us, but.."
The young king trailed off, sniffling briefly. He felt the Cat's tail curl around him as he grew close to sobbing, and they softly hushed him. He quietly embraced them to keep calm but sobbed into their chest quickly. The cat didn't pull away.