My delimma

Before Derek knew what he was doing his lips were on hers, Addison didn't exactly stop him at first but within seconds she pulled away.

"Derek, what the hell was that? She breathed.

"I-I.. don't know." He uttered just as shocked by his own actions as she was.

They were still too close for comfort, but something was stopping them from moving.

"I should go." She whispered.

"Yeah, I should too."

They desperately needed air but neither of them could move an inch.

This time they both leaned in at the same time.

This time neither of them could make themselves pull away.

They kissed fiercely, letting all of their built-up emotions out. Addison snaked her arms around Derek's neck and pulled him closer, he then picked her up and she wrapped her legs around his waist, he drove her against the wall as they continued their attack on each other's mouths.

They slipped each other's lab coats off lips never breaking contact, Addison tilted her head back as Derek began kissing her neck, he then carried her to the bed gently laying her down making sure not to put his full weight on top of her, peppering kisses down her neck as he slid his hand up her thigh.

"Derek?"

"Hmm?"

"We um, we should stop." She uttered in a barely audible tone.

"Are you sure you want me to stop?" he whispered in her ear, his hand still on her thigh making her lose all train of thought.

Dammit, his touch was intoxicating.

She hadn't thought about him in that way for a long time and she was sure It had been even longer since he did, so what exactly was happening?

Maybe it was official, they both done lost it.

She looked at him for a minute and against all common sense pulled him down and captured his lips with hers once again.

"That would be a no then," he smirked as they broke apart for air.

"shut up."

Addison pulled Derek's scrub top over his head before he unzipped her dress, he then began kissing her chest, all the way down to her thighs eclipsing a moan from her as things heated up.

What were they doing? More importantly, why were they doing it? Was it the emotions of wanting to protect the child they made together, was it loneliness?

Were they driven by a momentary lapse in judgment or were they purely driven by a buried desire for things to be how they used to?

Before they had to accept that the both of them pretty much failed as parents.

Before the absence.

Before the affair.

Before they drove their daughter away for what felt like a lifetime.

Did they miss it? did they miss the marriage they used to have?

Did their daughter bring back feelings they thought didn't exist anymore?

Or was it really just a momentary lapse in judgment?

         ***

"Derek, What does this mean!?" Addison uttered, still out of breath as she put her clothes back on.