Already there

"Look, I'm sorry for almost punching you." Derek quietly mumbled walking up to Mark who was distracted typing on the computer. "I said I'm sorry for almost punching you!"

"What huh?.. oh Derek, you done being pissed at me?"

"Did you really not hear what I just said or are you just trying to torture me?"

"I don't have time to torture you anymore, we're not 15."

Derek rolled his eyes, "I said I'm sorry for almost punching you ok?"

"Ohh, you mean almost punching me after the two times you gave me a black eye?"

"It was justified the first time." He huffed.

"Ok, you're right on that one." Mark admitted.

"Wow you actually admitted I was right about something, are you dying?" Derek teased.

Mark let out a chuckle before growing serious, "Look man, I didn't mean to trigger you or anything I was just happy to Jessie."

"I know, So are we good?"

Mark patted his shoulder, "We're good."

***

"Jessie Messy!" Amelia yelled sticking her arms out when she finally spotted her niece in the hallway.

Jessie was hesitant at first but she was so happy to see the person who was always her best friend growing up.

she ran into her embrace trying to hide the tears forming in her eyes, "Amelia!"

she looked at her up and down as she teared up herself, "It's really you kiddo! oh my gosh, you're all grown up! Wow, you're a hottie!"

"So are you!"

"oh stop! so how the heck are ya!"

"I'm hanging in there, ya know-how being an intern is, how are you?"

"yeah I know, and same here! doing a fellowship hasn't been as easy as I thought it would be."

"Sorry to interrupt the family reunion but you need to get to work Dr. Hyland," Bailey said interjecting in their conversation.

"Um are you married now?"

"No! Code name." Jessie laughed before turning her attention to Bailey, "Just call me Dr. Montgomery-Shepherd, Hyland was only a short term cover up."

Bailey looked at her weird, "Well that's going to be confusing two she Shepherd's and another Shepherd."

"Oh but Amelia isn't working here."

"Um she is though, there's been an overload of Neuro cases lately and Dr. Miss Derek offered to help out."

"Dr. Miss Derek, really?" Amelia snorted.

"don't sass me Shepherd! figure of speech.

"Look I will give you guys a minute to clear this up but Shepherd be ready for rounds in 5!"

"Amelia! why didn't you tell me you'd be working here!"

"I was going to but she interrupted us, besides I wanted to surprise you!"

"I guess can't complain."

"You better go do rounds kiddo, I actually don't have to start working till tomorrow, so I made reservations at Golden's for tonight, and your you and your parents better there we have a lot to catch up on" she smiled.

Honestly, the thought of going out with her parent's and her Aunt made her kind of nervous, I mean Amelia had no filter and she was very loud, so she could end up making things far more awkward than they had to be, but she spent far too much time being an avoider, to say the least, she wasn't going to go back to that.