Caught up

It had been a half-hour and she was still screaming.

Jessie had always been good with kids, that's one of the things that drew her to pediatric surgery, but this was her sister and that made it different, especially when she was still in the process of rebuilding her relationships.

"Come here sweetie, do you want to watch cartoons?" she said trying to distract her.

It clearly wasn't working.

"I want my daddy! Where's daddy?"

It was a quarter to eight and she had no idea what he was doing, he could be in the middle of surgery for all she knew, she decided just to call Addison. She dialed her number with one hand before putting it under her ear so she could hold Destiny with both arms.

"Mom?"

"Hey, how's it going honey?... why is Destiny screaming?"

"She wants Dad and I don't know what to do! I can't get her to calm down."

"Crap... Do you want me to have Alex come over there? He's good with kids."

"And how the hell would that help anything? Just tell me what dad's doing If you've seen him, she's literally hysterical!"

"Your father is avoiding me at all costs, anytime he sees me he turns around and I can't come home yet because to my convenience now there's an overload of OB emergencies! Just put her on the phone."

Jessie tried to put the phone to her little sister's ear but she just kept squirming and yelling. Mom she won't stop moving this isn't going to work!"

"Just put me on speaker."

"Hey sweetie it's mommy, daddy loves you very much he's just busy ok? We will both see you really soon!"

Destiny still wouldn't calm down and just their luck Addison got paged, she didn't know what else to do but call him.

"Shh shh shh I'm calling Daddy!"

"Jessie?" He answered confused.

"Dad, I need you to come to mom's apartment as soon as you get the chance... And she just threw up again, give me a minute." "It's ok sweetie I'm going to get you changed."

"Jessie, what is going on? Why are there... why is Destiny screaming!"

"She wants you! And she just made herself puke from crying so hard so I need you here ASAP!" She yelled trying to help her changed with the phone still under her ear.

"Ok, I will be there in a few minutes! It's been a ya know, day for me so I think I'm good to go. Why are you there though?"

"I will just tell you when you get here."

"Ok."

About 15 minutes later Jessie heard a knock on the door.

"Da... Jackson? what the hell are you doing here?"

"Your mother sent me, Alex is busy. seriously I don't know what I did to deserve to be on the gyne squad for 3 freaking days in a row!" he complained.

"Don't you dare complain right now! and I thought you and the other residents were running the ED, how are you still on the gyne squad?"

"As punishment for apparently accusing her of wanting to sleeping with me, I've had to do both!"

"Well in her defense you kinda did."

"Whatever, Where's the kid?"

"She's on the couch, she cried herself to sleep, you can go I have this taken care of."