✓( 𝟭𝟭 )ENCOUNTERS, d. team

( 11 ) ENCOUNTERS DREAM TEAM
DREAM TEAM x SHE / HER OC
( sort of requested by @SUSHISOOT && @awhjay )

( mentions of blood, violence, blades, fictional slurs )

SHUT UP, BEASTKIND.

       THEY WERE BACK AGAIN

THEY WERE BACK AGAIN. With their heavy, chainmail armour that clinked against their bodies, such an unnatural sound compared to the soft noises of the forest, contrasting the chittering of the insects, the tweeting of the birds, and the squeaking of mice in the underbrush. The metallic shine of their swords that seemed clean, but Eulalie knew they weren't-those swords were stained with the blood of their victims, and no amount of water and soap could wash the dark aura that surrounded them.

Her mud stained fingers gripped the bark of the tree harder, and she shifted her feet, cringing when the leaves rustled with her movement, sure that they would have noticed it with their unnaturally keen senses, but apparently they did not, continuing their trek through the magical woods. She kept her eyes on the intruders, lips pursed, and prayed to Fleyna that this was a peaceful passing of theirs, that they would not suddenly unsheath their crossbows and shoot fire into the tree lines, forcing her to reveal herself. The trio was terrifying in war-she had seen the destruction they could cause for herself-and while she was sure she would be able to take them on in a fight, she was not so sure that there would not be casualties.

This was not the first time that they had taken the path through the Fleeting Woods, after all, and her father had warned her of their predecessors, who had burnt down part of their territory out of spite. People like them-humans, she thought sourly, her nose scrunching in distaste as she watched them from her spot in one of the lunene trees that surrounded the path-knew nothing about their lands, nothing about their cultures, whilst Eulalie was supposed to learn of their customs and speak their cursed language just so she could survive? It was so... unfair. (She did not notice how she had whispered the words, though she would have cursed herself a thousand times over if she had) It was so-

One of them-a man, she guessed, noticing his stocky build and confident posture-turned his head, and though she could not see his face, she knew he was alerted by the noise, and she stiffened in place, lips tightening in a thin line once again. Silently, she willed a breeze to rush through the grass, ruffling the fabric of their clothing and hoping he would not notice her brightening golden eyes and rigid form concealed in the dark purple leaves of the lumene trees.