✓ ( 𝟬𝟰 )CONCOCTIONS, sapnap

( 04 ) CONCOCTIONS SAPNAP
SAPNAP x THEY / THEM READER

( small explosions, swearing )

YOU GOT PAST THE FIRST STAGE.

            SAPNAP SUCKED WITH POTION MAKING

SAPNAP SUCKED WITH POTION MAKING. And when that ( admittedly, bold ) statement came from the lips of one of the most talented potion makers in all three realms, people knew to listen. Because it was true. Sapnap did suck with potion making.

The first time Y/N had come to this particular conclusion had been when they had first met. And actually met, not just the occasional wave of acquaintances across the Academy hallways. It had been in the laboratory, and he had been trying to brew a rather complicated potion ( for a student of his level, anyway ) and Y/N had walked in on him whilst he had been adding the gunpowder.

Now, gunpowder was a delicate ingredient in the way that too little had simply no effect on a potion, and too much resulted in, well, boom ( yes, Y/N was aware of their way with words ) . Only the more skilled potion makers could eyeball sprinkling it into a vial, with apprentices and amateurs having to lug around a set of measuring tools as to make sure nothing exploded.

But what Nick had been doing? No wonder he hadn't graduated under their master yet, despite studying under her for three years now.

See, Nick was doing was something that only more skilled potion makers could do. And let Y/N tell you, Nick was not one of the more skilled potion makers. He was an amateur. He couldn't even brew an awkward potion without screwing it up, for gods sake! But even with all of those facts stacked against him, there the fool was, face right next to a flask filled with a dark purple liquid that revealed how the invisibility pot was in its second stage of transformation.

Y/N was surprised he hadn't set anything on fire yet ( Nick seemed to have an affinity for pyrokinetics ) . But what they saw in front of them was so utterly stupid. So utterly stupid, that they'd foolishly assumed Nick had known what he was doing.

The man had his eye right next to the rim of the bottle, one of the things only the most daring ( really it wasn't, it was just plain stupid ), clever ( again, just stupid ) potion maker would do, and was currently eyeing the grey powder as he poured it meticulously into the sloshy violet potion.