CHAPTER - 5

"Y/n Calvin please report to the front desk. Y/n Calvin please report to the front desk thank you." I furrowed my brows in confusion I got up and walked out of the classroom. I went to my locker first; I twisted the lock open and layed it gently on the shelf.

I grabbed my backpack and notebook before re-locking the locker door shut. I made my way down to the front desk making sure to avoid everyone in the hallway. I got to the front desk and signed a piece of paper with my first and last name.

I guess I was getting dismissed early, but why? I walked out the glass doors and saw my dad waiting for me "About time, come on we got to get to your brothers job thing." 

"Why did you take me out early? I'm not a parent and I don't have a job."

"I though maybe I could start teaching ya' how to drive." Oh lord I mentally slapped my forehead, this is going to be a disaster I already know it. Every time he tried to teach me I've always almost hit a mailbox, or a pedestrian. 

I think it's funny because my dad always freaks out when I'm driving "Slow down! Ah your gonna kill us!"

I was going five mph --- not even that fast. We had made it all the way to Charlies school without any accidents surprisingly.

"Do I have to go in?" I groaned; dad gave me a look that said you-better-go-in-or-disappoint-Charlie. 

I rolled my eyes and got out.

We sat through some very long and some very short representation about peoples jobs --- I was about to die of boredom if I had to listen to another lawyer talk about how great it is to work on cases all day.

"Remember kids, there's nothing more painful than third degree burns." A grungy looking fireman said to the class. I looked shocked as of why he would say that, but he wasn't wrong I once accidentally put my whole hand on the stove top when I was younger. Unknowingly that it was on, at high!

That was only a second degree burn that's what the hospital said; my hand was better now. Only the vivid memory still lived in my mind. 

"Okay, well, thank you, Fireman O'Hara. And I think the whole class will join me in saying... sorry about your partner. Well, perhaps this is a good time to bring up the psychiatrist. Charlie, would you like to introduce your, um-- your uh- Dr. Miller?" I held my hand up against my mouth to suppress my laughter. 

Charlie got up and stopped in front of Neil. "Can I ask Dad to go first?"

"Well, if that's how you feel, Charlie."

"Oh, that's how he feels, Neil." I snickered behind my hand.

"Come on. Nice sweater, buddy." My dad patted Neil's arm and walked to the front of the class with Charlie. 

"Everybody, this is my dad, Scott Calvin. He's got a really neat job."

"Thank you, Charlie."

"My dad is Santa Claus." Charlie said proudly.

"Oh, boy. I think what he means is, I'm like Santa Claus. In a way, see we're both giving, we're both jolly, and we both work very hard one day a year." My dad was trying to play it off, obviously.

"No, that's not what I mean, Dad. Look, on Christmas Eve, my dad pushed Santa off the roof."

"No, Charlie-- Ch-- Charlie."

"Santa disappeared and my dad took his place."

"Charlie!" 

"Then me and Y/n went with him to deliver all the presents. Then the reindeer flew us to the North Pole where the head elf, Bernard, gave me this." I smiled at the mention of him.