CHAPTER - 7

A/n: Sorry for not updating in a while, I have been sick for the past week, I couldn't even get up out of bed some days. So I'm sorry. Anyways! Back to our regularly scheduled program~ 

_____________

"I need your help with something It's urgent..." His tone wasn't calm --- it was more worried. Scared even.

"Bernard, what's wrong?" Concern filled my voice.

"I- I- can't tell you right now, but you have to trust me, please." He held his hand out for me to take. I looked from his hand to his eyes; that's when I knew something was definitely wrong. 

I gently placed my hand on top of his; I could feel my surroundings change around me. I started to smell the familiar smell of fresh baked cookies.

Frantic little footsteps ran around us --- I looked around and saw the North Pole. Bernard held onto my hand as he led me to where the reindeer's are tended to. 

He took me to one of them I read the sign above the stall 'Comet' I looked inside and saw nothing there just empty hay and some stray carrots. 

"Where is he?" I asked straight through the concern I was feeling.

"Earlier they went out for training flights, and he went well bonkers and managed to escape the Pole..." 

"Isn't there-"

"Yes." 

I opened my mouth to say something, but closed it as I had nothing to say. He couldn't possibly --- how?

I was so overwhelmed by the situation I didn't realize I was breathing heavily. Bernard placed his hand comfortingly on my arm. "We're going to find him, Y/n. I promise." Bernard reassured me.

I looked over at him, and gave him a weak smile. I took a deep breath, "Is there anything I could to to help?" 

"Yes, actually. We think he might be somewhere in the town where you live. The park maybe? Can you go out and search for him?"

"Yeah, yeah of course." I nodded, Bernard held out his hand for me to take. I took it and once again I felt my surrounding change. 

I was back in my car... This time without Bernard. I sighed before driving to the park. 

I had made this my top priority before going home. 

I searched everywhere, but there was no signs of him. 

I sighed as I made my way home. I walk into the house to see my dad who looked extremely worried about something. 

"Da-" I started,

"Jesus- where have you been? I've been worried sick!" He yelled as he threw his arms around me, like a protective mother. 

"The drug store, just down the street." I lied --- I mean I was there, but only for maybe five minutes.

_____________

I was sitting in my room reading while dad made dinner. It had been a few weeks since I got word about the incident with Comet. I really hope he's alright; I sighed as I re-positioned myself to lay on my left side. 

I faced my window which is covered in frost from the cold; we got the week off of school since of the bad snowstorm. It was normal for it to be this bad every winter.

I continued reading --- I must have gotten so bored, or tired that I fell asleep on the spot.

Y/n's dream:

I walked a lonely rode, it's dark... and damp. Fogged and mysterious, the dead of night. The dark woods lined the edging of the rode making it more defined and blood-curdling. 

Somewhere in the distance a wolf howled out; signaling I wasn't safe here. A shiver went down my spine, I held my arms close to my chest, scared of what could happen.

I traveled on deeper down the rode until I felt that I hit something. 

I looked down and saw pool of something deep and dark, I leaned closer down to what it was. I moved the single curl out of the figures eye and noticed something... off.

I exhaled deeply as I made my way to the other side, I rolled the figure gently over. My breath hitched as I realized --- Bernard.

I checked his pulse --- nothing. 

I fell to my knees, tears threatening escape my eyes. I screamed out it pain of losing him, my warm salty tears fell out of my eyes and onto my jeans. 

I sobbed as I picked up his lifeless body and held him close. I gently pushed his eye lids closed, and gently placed my forehead to his. My tears fell to his face as I continued my sobbing. 

I looked to the night sky, "T- t- t take c- care of hi- him." I chocked out; tears completely filled my eyes making my vision blurry.

I looked out to the rode and saw a big white blurred figure making its way towards me. I wiped my eyes clear as the figure came to a stop. 

It gave me a warm smile as it leaned down with it's arms out. It picked up his body and stood up. 

"N- no, no!" I screamed; standing up from the pavement. It gently placed it's hand on my cheek, the warmth and security, telling me it's going to be okay. I took a deep breath and nodded; it took it's hand off and disappeared with Bernard in its arms. 

End dream.

I woke up with a jump, I was sweating like crazy, tears flowed down my eyes as I hugged myself closely. 

Trying to shake of the dream I had. I looked over at my nightstand and hastily grabbed my snow globe. I shook it as more tears fell to my book; making the words unreadable.

I looked up to the corner of my room and saw Bernard, he was really here. I jumped off my bed and into his arms. 

"Y/n?" I dug my face in his shoulder, sobbing and saying complete non-sense. He gently wrapped his arms around my figure; rubbing my back comfortingly. 

"It's okay shh it's okay, I'm here, Y/n. I'm here." His voice was soft and comforting; I immediately softened my features. I took a few breaths as my tears finally stopped.

"What's the matter, my love?" Bernard adjured, I shook my head as I took hold of his figure tighter; not wanting to think about it. 

I shook my head and moved my face to his chest. I sighed deeply trying to catch my breath; he placed his chin gently on my head and placed a soft kiss on my head. 

I moved my head from his chest to meet his soft brown eyes, they're calming and warm. 

Without thinking I placed my lips softly to his. 

-And he kissed back.