CHAPTER - 6

Me, dad, and Charlie all stood looking at the Polar Bear exhibit at the Zoo. Dad had promised that he would take us for a Father-Children-day. I know, it made no sense to me either.

"They're like the bears at the North Pole, Dad." Charlie said.

"Yeah, your right, Charlie." I agreed as I watched as one swam by the glass. 

"Kids, I already told you we did not go to the North Pole. That was a dream." I sighed distinctly to make sure dad heard me.

"Your in denial, dad." I chuckled at Charlies word, he wasn't wrong. I know dad --- I know that he knows that we went to the North Pole.

"Denial. You don't even know what that word means."

"Denial; a statement that something is not true." I defined for dad. 

"What?"

"That's the definition of Denial. A statement that something is not true."

"Huh."

"Yeah, which your in dad. We know what happened."

"How you y'all know that? How? You guys don't even have any proof." 

"Proof?" Charlie opened his bag and pulled out the snow globe that Bernard had given him. I smiled as I remembered mine. "How about... This." Charlie said holding the snow globe up to dad so he could see. 

"Remember all the neat stuff inside?" I asked him.

Our dad sighed as he picked up the globe to examine it."Oh, Charlie. This is a toy. We used to make things like this at work, but no one bought 'em. Here." He handed Charlies snow globe back to him.

"I don't wanna talk about this anymore." He said as he walked off. I looked at Charlie and followed him. 

We were walking outside along the side walk outside of the Zoo in silence. "We know who you are, dad." Charlie said suddenly.

I gave him a weird look --- then automatically realizing what he meant. 

Santa.

 "You'll figure it out soon enough." I told him.

"There are a lot of kids that believe in you." Charlie said.

"You can't let them down," I continued.

"Charlie, Y/n, you're wrong." Me and Charlie looked behind us and started laughing. There was a herd of reindeer following dad; there was a man shouting trying to get them to go back. Which made it even funnier.

"What's so funny you guys?" My and Charlie continued laughing. 

"Nothing." Me and Charlie said in unison. 

A few days later:

I drove us from dads house to mom and Neil's house perfectly with no accidents! I was proud of my self. 

I smiled as I stopped next to the curb and turned of the car. 

I grabbed the keys and got out to meet my mom. "Ahh learning how to drive I see?"

"Yep! I drove all the way from dads house to here! Are you proud?"

"Very darling." She pulled me into a bone crushing hug a kissed my head. 

"Ow- mom... I can't b-breath."

"Oh, sorry." I smiled as I looked over to dad; he still sat in the car gripping the support thing on  the top of the door. It looked as if he had seen a ghost. I know my driving was not that bad, he was overreacting.