CHAPTER - 8

I gently pulled away from him — I can tell he's flustered at my actions. I smiled at him; he smiled back. 

He started stuttering over his words as he tried to tell me something. The only words I could make out were "We" and "stable." I furrowed my brows in confusion. 

"Bern— Bernard! Slow down, I can't understand what you're saying." I said whilst attempting to bring him to a calming state.

He paused before continuing what he was saying. "W— w— we found Comet. He's being tended to at h— his stable." He stumbled upon his words.

"That's good, I'm happy he's okay." He smiled at me as he departed from in front of me; still flustered I went down stairs for dinner.

The next morning;

I walked down the hallway about to make me some toast before school when I heard yelling coming from my dads bathroom. I quickly bust through his door to see whats wrong.

"Oh. My. God." My jaw dropped, my dad had a newly grown — white beard. My eyes widened as he stepped onto the scale. He definitely is starting to look like Santa now... That's for sure.

"The scale and the mirror is broken! Do you see what I see?" I nodded my head slowly still shocked at what I was seeing.

"Holy f—" I raised my eyebrows as he looked back into the mirror. He screamed as he ran out and left the house. 

I furrowed my brows and went to get some toast. I sighed as I picked it up out of the toaster; I put some butter on the two pieces. I grabbed my bag and turned off the lights. 

I locked the door with the piece of toast in my mouth. I took a bite as I took my key out of the door. 

Looks like I'll be walking to school. 

I sighed as I made my way in the cold down the sidewalk, I had finished my toast by now. 

My hands fidgeted in my pockets attempting to keep warm, but it was no use. I growled out in frustration and made my way back home.

I jammed the key into the key hole and swung opened the door. The warmth of the house hit me almost immediately. I flipped on the light switch and made my way to the phone. I picked it up and dialed the schools number — It rang. 

I chewed my nail nervously waiting for the lady at the front desk to answer. The sound of the ringing made me anxious for some reason, I couldn't really describe it. 

Finally, the lady at the desk picked up he phone. "Hello, this is Ms. June, at Raven High School. How may I help you today?" Ms. Junes soft voice spoke from the other side. 

I exhaled and made my voice a bit higher than usual, so they wouldn't tell it was me. 

"Hello, I'm Y/n's Aunt... Rachael." I grimaced at the made up name. "I'm calling today to tell you, Y/n is sick with the... Flu— yes, the Flu. She may not be in school today, but hopefully tomorrow she'll get better!" I shook my head at my excuse. 

"Yes, well, very well then. I will notify her teachers that she will not be in school today. Is that all?" 

"Yes, that will be it." I nodded my head as if she could see me.

"Alrighty then, tell Y/n that  hope for a good recovery from the Flu! Bye, bye now." 

"Bye, have a nice day." I let out a sigh as I set the phone back down on the receiver. I took off my jacket and shoes and made myself a decent breakfast. 

Some eggs, bacon, coffee, and some pancakes. Since I was skipping school today, I thought I would catch up on some homework. Maybe read a bit, could go out for lunch.