Chapter 3

It was the faithful night of their date...even I can't lie it isn't a friendly meeting between friends anymore. Nicolas was so anxious. His friend Nathalie was there to help him calm down a little and not look like a mess during the night. 

-"Everything will be okay! Don't worry he already likes you! I am more than sure." she said reassuring him.-"I don't know Nath...what if I say something dumb or I accidentally get very nervous and puke all over him" the boy started ranting but was interrupted by his friend saying: "Shush.... just go with the flow and everything will fine" "Okay I guess" he replied still anxious.

 He went into his car to pick up Lucas from his place after all the other boy did not have a car, yet. While he was driving to his date...erm... friend's house he was still very nervous about the meeting. 

 Finally, he arrived and rung the bell. A friendly-looking woman opened the door and smiled at him and said: "Oh you must be Lucas's friend. He will be down in a minute." she said with a mischievous tone in her voice and added, "I am Mrs. Dubois but you can call me Alison, honey."

 Nicolas looked at Lucas coming down the stairs and his heart started beating rapidly and all he could say is "Wow!... You look amazing!" Lucas was wearing a t-shirt and jeans which was an outfit never worn before by anyone. Nico never noticed that all that he could look at was how cute the other boy looked at the moment.

Lucas said in a cheerful tone: "Hey Nico! Are you ready to go?" and Nicolas replied happily now free of stress "Yeah, Let's go!" They both went into Nico's car and started driving to the small restaurant they planned their "hanging out" to be. 

 Nicolas's thoughts started wandering all over the place "Is that just two friends hanging out or something more? And how could he know!" He looked at Luca and saw him smiling at him and all of his mind watered down to "Aww..he is so cute when he smiles."

 He almost crashed the car while looking at how cute the other boy is. Finally, they arrived at the restaurant without any road accidents on the way there. They walked into it and requested a table and unfortunately they had to wait for a little since they didn't have a reservation. While waiting their hands brushed against and each other and a deep blush appeared on both of their faces. 

 After a long ten minutes of silence and sneaky glances at each other, their table was finally ready. The boys walked up to it and a waiter asked what they were ordering. Lucas ordered fried chicken with a glass of orange juice and Nicolas order some french fries with cheese on the side and a glass of water. Neither of them ordered alcohol because in the USA they have to be like 40 years old to take a sip out of beer or whatever. 

 They were both talking about school again or their newly shared interest in basketball. Since the new season of basketball was coming soon that was all they talked about while waiting for their food to arrive.

 After their food finally arrived they stopped talking because they were very hungry.  They ate the food so fast because they didn't eat anything before out of anxiety. The waiter asked if any of them would like to have a dessert and they both politely declined and asked for the bill. After a little fight over who to pay the bill, they decided that they will just split it.

On their way back home Lucas suggested buying some alcohol from the 24/7 where they won't check IDs and Nicolas, of course, agreed because why not they wouldn't drink that much anyway. They stepped into the 24/7, picked out the cheapest bottle of Vodka, and took it to the register for the lady to scan it, and after that, then to pay it. 

 The woman at the register looked them up and down and decided she isn't paid enough for this and just let them pass without checking any IDs. Before giving them the bottle she said:

-"That would be 15 dollars, boys." she said in a monotone voice

 Nicolas opened his wallet and gave her two bills and they both ended up leaving the shop after saying a quick "Thank You! Have a great night"  

 They both sat on the trunk of the car and opened the bottle drinking straight out of it while laughing. Nicolas thought maybe had a little bit too much when heard himself saying: "You look so beautiful in the moonlight" Lucas immediately blushed and said, "oh...thank you..".  

 Nicolas stood up and almost fell. Luca looked at him worrying and said: "I think we should stop drinking and get you home, Nico...you don't look so good." 

 Nico looked at him and smiled widely: "Don't worry....I..am...very...good...great...actually"  He fell on one knee and said: "You know..for...like...two..years..I...have...been..in...love...with...you" After that he passed out on the floor next to the car.

 Luca's heart stopped at his friend's confession and thought to himself: "Was this the alcohol talking or was this what the other boy thought?"But now he had an important task at hand, he needed to help Nicolas get home safely! He picked up his friend and laid him down in the back seat and drove to his home.

 His parents were thankfully asleep so he let his friend on his bed and Lucas went to sleep on the floor in a sleeping bag.  Before he can go to bed he brushed his teeth and put on his pajamas. He walked on and slept in the sleeping bag on the floor. 

 Suddenly he was woken up by someone moving next to him and hugging him in his sleep. Lucas looked at the person and of course who else could it be than Nicolas. 

-" What are you doing, Nico?" he asked in a sleepy voice 

-"Hugging you"