Chapter 7

Seven days later

Resting my head in my hands , messaging my temples and squinting at the morning sun filling our living room.
I contemplated my life. Actually more deciding on my will to live it anymore.
I hadn't had a hang over in years. This was number three in less then a week. Brynn was sleeping soundly on our biggest couch, where she slept most nights. I wanted to wake her to help me, get a bucket, make me a Berocca, wipe my forehead with a wet cloth, basically craddle me in her arms like a newborn baby. However I was always taught that a hang over is self-inflicted, no sympathy is earned. And my inbuilt morals always won.

A large Metallica clang caused pain to pulse through my head and made me whimper
'what was that' I cried to myself

'sorry, I just dropped something, didn't break it though, promise' Jaden yelled over the kitchen pass. He was cooking breakfast, playing music, singing, drumming on random things, making stupid comments to himself that obviously he found funny. He had consumed quadruple the amount of alcohol that I had the previous night, and wasn't suffering at all. He had youth and momentum on his side.

I considered going to the emergency room and making up a mystery illness just to get put on a drip, as he banged a plate of bacon and eggs down in front of me.
'Jaden, please be quiet. I'm dying'

He obviously thought I was joking and intently continued carrying on his conversation about an idea that came to him in the studio. He was excited to tell Travis, and very indepthly explaining to me why it was so exciting.

I had a vision of turning my head to speak to him and spewing right in his loud annoying face. I had an even better version of picking up my breakfast plate and smacking him over the back of the head with it until he was no longer moving. Or talking at least.

Since the arrest in Texas, Gruen had come up with a master plan to achieve as much damage control as possible for the boys. He had asked if I could take jaden in until the paparazzi circus blew over. He didn't want the boys anywhere near the Sway house, anywhere that any press could find them until he could be assured everything was taking care of, to the best of his ability.

More than half of Jaden's fans are kids, like eight, nine, ten, eleven year olds. it would have been a lot of Empire to lose if his reputation didn't survive what happened in Texas. Mickey was a great manager, I agreed with him wholeheartedly on the plan of action. I needed Jadens career to survive so mine could too.

What was not part of the plan however, was the behaviour I found myself so strongly attracted to. We were acting in a 90s teen movie. Drinking every night. Hanging out everyday, eating, lazing around and making each other laugh. Sleeping together way more then I'd like to admit. Not a responsibility insight, it was all too casual.

In theory I was doing my job. I didn't have to make any content as Jaden was laying low. I just have to keep him out of the public's eye and keep him occupied. What Mickey told me to do directly. He of course did not know of how Jaden and I acted when we were alone. I did feel bad. We shouldnt of just been having casual sex it was too complicated for that. But I couldn't deny him. No matter how hard I tried