Chapter 9

Silent. Still. Scared. We both sat in silent horror. I don't know what anybody else was thinking but I was praying to God I would wake up from this nightmare. Hoping for some kind of miracle where everything just went back to normal.

Michael Gruen sat at his desk opposite us with his head in his hands.

No one spoke for what felt like an eternity.

'There's no fixing this' Mickey's eyes never left the floor as he spoke to us.
'its every where' it's like he was carefully choosing his words.
'you guys were ment to be laying low, waiting for the arrest to blow over' he paused for a massive sigh
'and now there is a leaked sex tape. How? Why? What the f*** where you both thinking'?

'Her appartment was robed Mickey. We didn't know...' Jaden trailed off, probably in defeat realising that no excuse would be good enough. We both new there shouldn't have been anything saved in the first place. There should have been zero risk. I also knew we shouldn't of even been sleeping together. This was my fault and my personal and professional life was ruined because of it. And unless I could think of something, fast, so was Jaden's.

I felt sick, I honestly felt like I could throw up. Everything else was numb, my heart was beating so loud in my ears now that I couldn't hear a word the boys were arguing back and forth. My eye sight started to get fuzzy, like right before you lose consciousness.

Then I found myself talking before I even knew what I was saying. Like my auto pilot kicked in. My body was taking over and doing what it needed to do to make me feel good again.

'Blame me'

Both the boys slowly turned their focus on me

'Jaden was drunk, I took advantage. For clout or fame or whatever. Just make out like Jaden is innocent in all of this, make me as horrible as you have to'

'Dylan, you don't have to do this' Jaden shook his head

'Do it. Just buy me a one way ticket to another country. That's all I ask. If that's ok'? I questioned Mickey

His eyes darted back and forth between Jaden and I trying to grasp the situation.
'I mean, of course I could but'
I cut him off
'Then do it. I'm responsible here. Throw me under the bus'

****

Later that afternoon as I was packing a small case of sentimental items and one of clothes, the door bell rang.

I knew it would be Jaden. I ignored it the first three times, he started aggressively banging on my appartment door. I heard Brynn let him in.

He appeared in my door way in long black slacks, Nike TMs and a sleeveless white shirt. He looked better then any single time I had seen him before. Mind tricks. You always want more what you know you can't have.

He sat on the end of my bed and immediately started fidgeting with an old key chain that I had put aside to throw out.

'I don't know what to say to you Dylan' he began
'So don't say anything' I interrupted

He through the key chain down on the bed and looked up at me. While I did my best to not look at him he continued
'You don't have to do this' I continued folding.
'Your just going to leave? Have you even thought about this? I mean'...
I cut him off
'Yes Jaden. This is the only way. You should be grateful. The last thing I expected was an earful from you. Should be thanking me'

He stood up and met me on my side of the room, grabbing my hands, forcing me to drop what I was folding and take notice of him.
'Thank you Dylan'
I looked away quickly, hoping he wouldn't see the pain in my eyes. I thought he would of argued with me for just a little while longer at least.
'Your welcome Jaden' I fake smiled and pulled my hands away from him.