Chapter 10

A year later

I snapped the final few shots of the day. Making sure I had sufficient photos of the tourist group that was finishing up.  I also double checked with all of them that I had their correct email so I could forward the shots to them after editing.  It was lame, painstakingly simple work. But it was work. It was low-key enough that no one would ever catch on and it paid enough for me to pay my rent. I couldn't complain.

Italy was a beautiful place to live, and I was honestly happy with the place I had chosen to flee to after the sex tape drama. I just changed my name slightly from Dylan to Dior and so far no one was none the wiser.

I did miss Brynn, so much. But we kept in close contact, face timed nearly every day and she had also been to visit a handful of times. She loved the colours and the party vibe of the Santorini coastline, and I couldn't blame her. It really was something else. I didn't have a very big space to call home yet though so her visits were usually restricted to when either one of us admitted we needed some personal space.

I walked a cobblestone road inbetween  homesteads and climbed the dramatic hill on route to mine as the sun began to set. Beautiful soft orange and pinks shadowed down and stained the usually white archetuture. It really was another kind of beautiful here.

I felt blessed that I could see the silver lining and feel such a positive outcome from what was a really negative situation. My name was a laughing stock in LA. Every one knew me as old desperate and willing to have sex just to get famous.

Jaden had walked out of that situation the absolute best anyone could. With the whole country defending and feeling sorry for him. It had ultimately worked in his favour to sell his music as people in a place of pain and abuse could relate to him.

Mads had been quick to get over any hurt or feelings of cheat, just like she had time and time before. No surprises there, and from what I could gather Jaden had been involved in a string of cheating scandals since, but she stood dumbly by his side.  Perhaps her management instructed her to stay with him.

As for me and my love life. I was enjoying the complete lack of anything new.  After the drama of last summer I could stay away from boys for a lifetime. Besides as much as I didn't like to admit it, I knew I would never meet any one like Jaden again. And as much as I hated even more to admit, I really grew feelings for him that even to this day wouldn't let me appreciate another man's looks or entertain his personality. I felt tied to Jaden even though we were never really anything, no matter how embarrassing for a grown woman to admit.

I pushed my key into the front door lock and turned it while holding it up slightly, a trick I had to learn quickly upon arriving here last year. There was no point asking for it to be fixed, it was pretty clear that what you see is what you got around these parts of the city. I shoulder barged the door open and locked it behind me.  Once I walked through the front lounge room I could immediately hear the sound of water running.
'Dont tell me another pipe is bust' I mumbled to myself while hurriedly shuffling to the bathroom.

The shower was running. I could hear it clear as day from right outside. And I was pretty darn sure I could make out someone whistling as well. After a small moment of complete panic, sense washed over me. I pulled my phone out of my bag and checked the date. How could I have not even noticed. It's the 7th.

I opened the shower door and walked into the small fogged up room.
'Hey baby, im home' I smiled.
The shower curtain pulled back and in all his naked glory, cute bubbles covering his body. Jaden smiled back at me.
'My love' he motioned me into the shower with him. 'I haven't seen you for three weeks, let's catch up' ...

THE END

**Let me know guys if you want a sequel or something like that? Anyway hope you all enjoyed! Much love xx**