EPILOGUE

"You come to the playground with me. Please, please, please?" He pleaded again.

"I get bored there Zayn, you will be busy with your friends, what will I do?"

"I want you to meet my new friend. He teaches us football." He said with excitement in his eyes.

"Oh really?" She asked.

"Yes, you should see him mumma, he is such a cool player! I am sure he is Krrish! He also looks like Krrish mumma! Please come with me? I will show you the cool tricks he taught me." He said with amusement making her laugh.

"Okay, but only if you promise to study?"

"I promise!" He said with happiness.

"Pinky promise?" She asked in a playful tone.

"You sometimes forget that I'm your son and not your daughter." He said with a mischievous smile showing off his cute little dimples.

As soon as they reached the playground, Zayn pulled her hand dragging her inside.

"Hurry up mumma! Walk fast." He said in a hurry.

"You're going to make me fall Zayn, slow down or at least don't drag me." She said, pulling his hand back.

"You see there? That is my new friend. Wait, I'll be back." He said and ran to the guy standing near the field.

He stood tall, quite tall. His hair was long enough to tie. He wore a white jersey with number 77 inscribed on it. He turned towards Zayn and kneeled down to match his height.

"Hey, Zaynie boy! What's up?" The guy said ruffling Zayn's hair.

"My mumma wants to meet you, wait I'll call her," Zayn said with a wide smile.

The guy stood up again, it was then she saw Zayn waving his hand at her indicating her to be there. She walked towards the kid.

"Mumma, this is my friend," Zayn said with excitement lacing his voice.

The guy turned towards her. She recognized him right away. Zayn definitely got the best of his genes. His coffee-brown eyes glistening in the sun rays, the scorching summer making the jersey stick to his body revealing his abs. His innocent smile showing off those dimples. She stood there in shock, amusement or awestruck she didn't know. But it was something that was never bound to happen.

His eyes held so many questions. He looked at Zayn with eyes filled with love. None of them uttered a word. The silence was so loud that they could hear their heart thumping. She held back the tears and smiled at how he looked at Zayn.

People always say that moving on to a new place and starting a new life out there is always the best start to move on from the past. But what they don't say is, no matter how far you go, how long you run away, your past always crawls back to you unless and until you don't have a closure. And that's what happened with her.

Both of them sat at the park bench with silence lacing them, watching Zayn play with his other friends. It was him who broke the ice, and said, “He’s a great kid.”

“Thank you” she replied.

“You named him after me huh. No wonder he’s great,” he chuckled, trying to ease the tension around them.

“It was the least I could do to keep you close.” 

“Uhm, he never really talks about his dad. He once said he doesn’t stay with you guys, what’s the matter? I mean, does he work in another city? Hope I’m not prying though?” he asked, inquisitively.

“I don’t know, ask yourself?” she said.

“What? Are you.. You are kidding right?” receiving no reaction from her end, he asked again, “are you serious?” then again, she didn’t reply. “Shit! Why didn’t you tell me?”

“You blocked all the roads that reached out to you, you tell me how was I supposed to inform you? You disappeared! So don’t blame it on me!” she exasperated. He felt short of words, not knowing how to answer her questions. And just then, Zayn came to her “Mumma did you see that kick? He taught me! Wasn’t it cool?” 

Their past was standing right in front, while their future beside them was looking at them with questioning eyes.