PART THREE

After their brunch, they started exploring the mall. She didn't miss to observe how firm his hold was on her hand. Not once did he let loose as if she'll disappear the moment he does. She watched how his eyes sparkled every time he spoke about his mom. She watched how heartfelt his laughter was. She watched how he leaned back when he had full-blown laughter. She watched how his eyes would crinkle when he smiled. She watched how he would move his hands while talking. She watched how he would run his fingers through his hair every five minutes.
This was all so different. Yes, she had heard his laugh over the call. Yes, she had heard him talk about his mum over the call. Yes, she saw him smile in the pictures he sent her. Yes, she saw his ruffled hair in pictures. But seeing him in person was all so different, yet so pure. It was all so genuine. He was more genuine, more sweet, more romantic, more lovable, everything so much more than who he was over calls and texts.

"You tell me. Why do people have to board such a crowded train? Can't they wait for the next one to arrive?" He said and that pulled her out of her thoughts.

"I have no idea." She said in a low voice.

"Forget it. Let's get you home." He said, as in-state.

She watched him staring at her when she gave directions to the rickshaw driver. She watched him smiling at her when she showed off the important places passing by. She watched how he still hadn't let go of her hand. She smiled looking at their hands interlinked. She smiled when she caught him looking at her.

"So first date huh. Not so bad." He said with a chuckle when they reached her place.

"I guess so." She said with a smile on her lips.

"Hey wait! I didn't pay for the food?" She said, more like asked.

"Spaced out for hours huh? That's the first!" He playfully teased her.

She glared at him. "Of course I paid. I wouldn't let my girl pay on our first date, now would I? C'mon, I'm better than that." He said with a smirk.

She blushed when she heard him say "my girl." She nodded in his response.

"So, maybe I should leave." He said sighing and running his fingers through his raven black hair for what seems like the 1000th time today.

"Yeah." She mumbled. With that, he turned and started walking again.

She held his hand, with that he stood still. He turned to look at her with confusion laced in his eyes.

She walked closer to him, tiptoeing on her feet to match his height, she leaned and placed her lips firmly on his cheeks, lingering there for more than just a while, as if she wanted to leave a mark. She smiled on his cheeks and pulled away.

"You're my favourite one." She said.

"Huh?" He asked in confusion.

"You asked if you were a good boyfriend like the ones in my favourite sappy novels." She stated with a smile.

"But I'm not a character from any of those books unless you're writing one?" He asked playfully.

"You're right, you're not just a character from any of those novels. You're a whole novel, my favourite novel. Which I want to read again, and again, and again, forever." She said pecking his cheeks again.

She stepped back to keep some distance between them when he pulled her into his embrace with his strong arms. He leaned to her face and kissed her forehead.

"I love you." He whispered.

That moment she knew she'd go to any limits to be with him. She knew that she'd always choose him. She knew that she'll never be able to replace him. She knew that she'll never give up. She knew that this was what love meant. She knew that this was what forever meant. Living a moment that feels like it lasted forever. That was what love was. For her, love was him.