PART SIX

"All of them are leaving for Bangalore." She said in a low voice.

It had been 8 months since they properly met. It was on Valentine's day. Seeing him standing outside the college entrance on that day with all those flowers and gifts was like a dream to her. Though she never loved flowers, seeing his efforts made her love them too. Talk about being cliché. But maybe that's what love is, isn't it? Being all dramatic, cliché, like a romantic chick-flick, no matter what, it was the efforts and feelings that mattered the most. He did come again for their anniversary, but it was only for a few hours. They spent the day watching a movie, walking along the Marine Drive, that was. And then he had to go back.

"It's good naa. You'll have your home to yourself, you can party, watch Netflix all day, although you do that even if your parents are at home." He said chuckling.

"I know. But it would have been so much better if you were here. We could get so much time to ourselves. We could stay at home for the whole day and night too. It's been so long since we met. Last time we never had enough time to talk." She mumbled.

"I know baby. But we'll meet soon don't worry. By the way, when are mum and dad leaving?" He asked.

"Tomorrow evening after maghrib." She said shuffling on her bed and playing with the ring on her finger.

"Alright. So you'll be all alone huh." He said or more like asked.

"Mmhmm.." She mumbled.

"I think you should sleep now. You came late from work too. It's already 2 AM." He said with concern lacing his voice.

"Yeah." She said.

"So, I'll call you tomorrow? Sleep well and have a good night baby." He said in a sweet voice.

With hearing no response he said: "I'll see you soon?" and then he realised she had already slept. He chuckled to himself and ended the call.

The next day, bidding her parents goodbye, she returned home and made herself some coffee. She switched on her laptop and played her favourite Netflix show. She glanced at her phone when it flashed with a notification.

*2 Messages from Batman 🦇💛*

She smiled seeing the contact name. It was he who changed from "Love ❤️" to "Batman 🦇💛". Talk about boosting your ego.

Batman 🦇💛 (1): I'll be calling you in a few hours. Don't sleep early, please?

Batman 🦇💛 (2): I'm definitely going to see you soon 😚.

She smiled at the text. She knew he remembered her birthday.

She: Sure. See you soon too ❤️.

She locked her phone and continued watching the show. After dinner, she went to the living room to check if she had locked all the windows and doors. But then she heard a soft knock on the door. She thought it was just her subconscious because a normal person would choose to ring the doorbell rather than knock so low.

She began walking towards her bedroom when she heard the doorbell. She looked through the peephole to check but found no one. She was scared to open the door yet she did. She glanced outside the door, then again, found no one.

"Booh!" He exclaimed plopping in front of her from nowhere!

"What the fuck!" She shouted. With that, he started laughing as if it was funny to scare her in the middle of the night!

"Are you out of your fucking mind?" She said with a stern voice.

He pulled her into a hug.

"I am sorry for scaring you, but it was so worth it! Your face was just priceless!" He said laughing again.

"Haha... So funny!" She deadpanned.

"Happy birthday love." He whispered with a smile on his voice.

Hearing that, she looked up at him (talk about height difference). His hair was a mess (as usual), he wore a black shirt with a black jacket over it, he looked so tired maybe because of the ten hour-long journey, but then the smile on his face was as if nothing else mattered to him.

"Thank you." She hugged him back with a smile.

She let him come in and settle on the couch.

"By the way, I didn't know you used curse words like 'fuck' and all. I always thought you're always the ideal first child with all the good manners. Just saying." He said in a teasing tone.

She threw a pillow at him.
"I know a lot of curse words, you just haven't done anything yet to hear them." She said.

"Oohh!" He said. She sat beside him, her hand linked to his forearm, her legs crossed on the couch, sitting sideways and resting her head on his shoulder.

"Do you mind if I stay the night?" He asked.

That made her tingle with joy and happiness. She looked at him and stood from the couch.

"Really? Are you serious?" She asked in a questioning tone.

"Hey! I was just kidding, I already have a hotel reservation. You won't break up with me for this. Right? You won't naa?" He asked with concern.

"I wouldn't have minded. I wanted you to stay. But then, you already have a hotel reservation. So it's okay. I'll make you some coffee." She mumbled too fast for him to comprehend.

"You aren't serious, are you? You will let me stay?" He asked again not believing anything she said.

"Yeah, I guess." She said in a nervous tone.
It was then she realised that she was wearing just her tank top and short PJs.

She saw him take long strides towards her.

"Well, then I don't mind cancelling the hotel reservations." He said with a smirk.

"Great! You already know where the bathroom is. Suit yourself over the couch." She replied in a teasing tone.

"Whaaaat?" He exclaimed.

"You heard me." She said with a smirk playing on her lips.

"What about the coffee?" He whined.

"It will keep you awake, which you don't want to. So sleep, baby." With that, she started walking towards her bedroom laughing.

"Staying at the hotel was much better than this." He mumbled yet loud enough for her to hear.

"You can leave." She said with a laugh closing the bedroom door.

"Oh yeah." He said in an annoying tone. She laughed hearing his response.