Unedited (No Good Liar (Pt.2)

Her body tensed with fiasco and trepidation... While her eyes sparkled with curiosity.

What is this look she's giving me? What does she think I'm about to do?

"I'll open your door." I unbuckled myself and got out of the car before walking to her side, opening her door, "A Lady shouldn't have to open their door when a man stands next to her."

I gave her my hand, and she took it after pressing her finger into the key reader, which shut off the car.

"Thanks." She mumbled.

I guess it's too early to goof around.

"This is my favorite diner," I said, "The food here is great, and service is spectacular. My friends and I come here all the time to just hanging out or study and order a bunch of stuff."

"El Patron- I think I've heard of it before."

" Oh, you'll love it." I open the door, and she walks through, "It literally doesn't matter what you get - it all tastes so good."

"Well, hello, Chris - Welcome back to El Patron." The waiter came from behind the front desk, " Is this all of your company, or will more be joining you on this fine evening?"

" Haven't seen you in a while, Jonathan." I looked down at his leg- " I see you don't have the cast on anymore."

" Yeah," He scratched his head with a cheeky smile, " Doctor said that I could take it off."

" Well, that's great to hear; things only get better from here." I said, " And it will just be her and me. I'll like a seat in the reserved area today."

"No problem." He nodded, " Right this way."

We followed, passing the regular seating areas with singles, couples, and families to the reserved area behind a set of doors. In which the tables had menus and flowers, along with plush seats for two.

" I'll have another waiter come and serve you guys. " Jonathan leads us to a table, not too close to others that sat in the reserved area as well. " It will probably be Shelby or Oscar."

" Alright, thanks." I go to the table and pull the chair out for Alyia to sit. " Here you go."

" Well-" She pauses before sitting.

"Hmm?" I take a seat on the opposite side," You were saying?"

"Nothing-" She sits, then grabs the menu and hides her blushing face, "Nothing at all."

" So, what's to start you guys off?" Jonathan takes out his notepad and pen.

" The usual."

" And you?" Jonathan looks over at Aliya.

"Um-" she lowers the menu, " Whatever he's having."

"Alright. Its' water with a dash of lime and lemon- with a sweet rim of pink sugar." he puts' his pad and pen away. " It will be brought to you guys shortly."

She nods as she lifts the menu again to cover her face.

Jonathan glances at me before leaving the reserved area.