𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

CHAPTER EIGHT:IT'S A DATE

CHAPTER EIGHT:
IT'S A DATE

SO FAR, SHE HAD BEEN successful at keeping in control. Aurelia was proud of herself. She had struggled with her gifts for so incredibly long, that it was starting to become tiring. It was late at night, Aurelia should've been asleep, but she just couldn't. Fear kept crawling into her stomach every time she tried and attempted to close her eyes. What if something happened when she was asleep? Something that she couldn't control. She tried not to think about it, but her heart rate only seemed to climb the more she laid there.

Eventually, she gave up trying to sleep and instead grabbed herself a book and sat there with her ankles crossed, silently reading. She frowned slightly when a soft, quiet knock came on her door. She almost didn't hear it, but she could see that person shadow from under the door way. She bookmarked her page before carefully standing up.

"Aria?" Jean's voice softly fell through the cracks of the door, making Aurelia's eyebrows furrow in slight confusion. "Are you up?"

Aurelia walked up to the door, turning the door knob and pulling the door open to look at the redhead. She cocked her head slightly, her eyes meeting that of Jean's. "Jean, what are you doing up here?"

"I couldn't sleep." She answered. "I didn't wake you up, did I?"

"No, no not at all." Aurelia quickly shook her head. "I couldn't sleep either, so I've just been up, reading." She stepped aside so that Jean could enter the room. "Come in." Jean offered her a small smile before doing as she requested, stepping into the blonde's room. Aurelia closed the door behind her before turning towards Jean who was glancing around the room before she turned her head towards Aurelia. Jean walked over to the bed, picking up the book Aurelia had been reading whilst Aurelia sat on the bed, looking up at the girl as she examined the book before a small smile fell on Jean's face.

Jean glanced up towards Aurelia before motioning her head towards the book. "The Hobbit?" Aurelia smiled, watching as Jean took a seat on the bed, handing the book towards her. Aurelia grabbed it, glancing at the book before looking back up at Jean as she smiled..

"I've already read Lord of the Rings." Aurelia answered. Jean cocked her head slightly, furrowing her eyebrows though a smile was still on her face.

"Isn't Lord of the Rings after The Hobbit?"

"Well. . . yes." She shrugged her shoulders. "I just like reading things out of order sometimes, when it comes to sequels and things."

"But, isn't that confusing?"

"Oh, definitely. But I like figuring things out, so along the way I just try to fit in the pieces. I've already read all of the books once, I'm just running out of books to read." Aurelia answered her. "I haven't been able to actually go out and get some more books." A sigh fell from her lips. "I don't know if I'll ever leave again."

"What? Why?" Jean frowned at this, noticing the excitement that had been in her voice only a few moments prior.

She held up her wrist, the one that usually held her gold bracelet that was now sitting on her night stand, not in use. "I don't trust myself well enough to not have something bad happen."

Jean pursed her lips for a moment, thinking. An idea came to mind. "What if I come with you?" Aurelia frowned, a questioning look crossing her face. Jean was quick to explain. "Well, you said that you thought of me and gained control, right?" Aurelia nodded her head. "Well, if I come with you, maybe you'll be in more control." Jean this shrugged her shoulders. "And, maybe we can do more than just go to a book store. We could go see a movie or something else."

A smile bloomed on Aurelia's face as she nodded her head. "I'd like that very much. It's a date."

"It is?"

Aurelia looked at her for a moment before her smile turned smaller and gentler, shrugging her shoulders. "If you want it to be."

Jean bit her lip for a moment, her mind running at a thousand miles per hour. Had she just been asked to go on a date with Aurelia? The thought made butterflies flutter all within her stomach, she could feel heat trying to rise to her cheeks. The thought of spending an entire day alone with the Quinn girl was an exciting thought. It was an opportunity to get to know her even more. She couldn't help but admit to herself that Aurelia was different. Aurelia made her feel happy, she made her feel good and confident about herself, and that hasn't been something she's felt in the entirety of her life. Aurelia made her feel wanted and welcomed. She hadn't realized how much her feelings had developed for the blonde until that very moment. Sitting across from her, in her bedroom. Aurelia didn't have to let her in, but she did with a warm and welcoming smile. Jean loved her smile.

Jean nodded her head, a smile falling on her face as she met Aurelia's ocean blue eyes. She never realized how gorgeous her eyes were until that very moment. "I'd love that." Jean answered, and her heart seemed to skip a beat as she watched another large smile bloom onto Aurelia's face.

"As would I." She stood up, placing her book back on the shelf before crawling under her bed covers. "You can stay in here tonight, if you'd like?" Jean thought for a moment before nodding her head. "Do you mind turning out the lights and locking the door?"

"Yeah, hold on." Jean spoke before taking a moment to focus, and then the sound of the door locking could be heard, and then the lights were turned off. Aurelia smirked proudly at her.

"Well, look at you, show off." Jean chuckled before crawling under the covers, laying down beside the blonde. Aurelia rolled on her side so that she was facing the redhead, offering her soft smile before whispering, "Goodnight, Jean."

"Goodnight, Aria."