𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

CHAPTER THIRTEEN:COME BACK TO ME

CHAPTER THIRTEEN:
COME BACK TO ME

AURELIA AND SCOTT STOOD THERE, watching as Charles sat at the end of Aurelia and Jean's shared bed, with a passed out Jean laying on top of the covers. She could see his eyebrows furrowing, whether it be in confusion or worry, she wasn't sure. So, she took a step towards him.

     "What is it? What do you see?" Aurelia eagerly asked.

      He shook his head. "Nothing." He left, going to the room where Cerebro was placed in hopes of being able to get in contact with Jean. Aurelia told Scott that she would grab him once the woman woke up, but until then she would sit there and patiently wait for Jean to wake up. She sat on the couch, a book in her hands though she was too worried about Jean to even focus on the words written on the page.

Aurelia was quick to shoot up at the sound of Jean's voice, talking to Charles before she abruptly sat up and yelled for Charles to get out of her head. Aurelia quickly threw the book aside, running out of the room to get Scott before the two ran back to look at the girl.

     "Jean, are you okay?" Scott asked, causing Jean to turn and look at the two.

     "What happened? We were outside and then. . ."

     "You had an accident." Aurelia softly answered her. "You blacked out." Jean's eyes then landed on her girlfriend who had a cut on her temple and a bruise on her cheek. Tears seemed to fill her eyes as she looked at Aurelia.

     "Did I. . . Did I do that to you?" Her voice sounded so broken as she asked the question, and Aurelia frowned before moving to sit on the bed, shaking her head.

     "It's alright." Aurelia assured. "Nothing that won't be healed by the end of the week."

     "No, it's not alright." Jean croaked, clenching her jaw. She had hurt the girl that she loved. Nothing about that was alright.

     "Jean, it was an accident." Aurelia told her, reaching to grab her hand. She didn't like to see Jean cry. It hurt her more than anything to see her cry.

     "I don't know what's happening to me." Jean's voice cracked. "I can't control it." She stood up and Aurelia did as well, walking back over towards Scott but meeting Jean halfway. "I can't stay here, Aria. I really. . . I need to go."

     "What are you talking about?" Aurelia asked, tears filling her own eyes.

     At the same time Scott asked, "Where are you going?"

     "I need to see my father." Jean answered.

     "Your father?" Aurelia frowned. "Jean, your father's―︎"

     "H-he's alive. He's alive. I can hear him."

     "Babe, he died in a car crash, remember?"