𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN:SHE WOULDN'T WANT THIS

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN:
SHE WOULDN'T WANT THIS

     "WE KNOW WHERE JEAN IS." Were the first words that Scott spoke as Aurelia, Ororo, and Kurt all made their way into the room in which Scott and Charles resided in. At his words, a thousand thoughts seemed to roam through out Aurelia's head. Was he for sure? Did he really know the place in which Jean was?

     "I thought you said you couldn't track her?" Aurelia frowned in confusion, crossing her arms over her chest as she looked at Charles. Aurelia would have to admit that she herself had been trying to find a way to contact Jean, but she didn't know how. The girl had been so terrified for her girlfriend, and hearing the news that she was alive, that she was safe, made Aurelia allow herself a sense of hope―︎ something she had stupidly allowed herself to give up on recently.

     "It wasn't me who found her." Charles admitted.

     "It was Erik." Scott finished. "Hank's with him. They're on their way to her, and they're going to kill her." Aurelia felt her breath hitch in her throat at Scott's words, her eyes widening slightly in disbelief. They were going to kill her? Suddenly, her hope vanished again. She didn't want her girlfriend to die, but she also knew that when Erik wanted something, he did whatever he could to make it happen.

     "And anyone who stands in their way." Charles told them. "Kurt, I'd like to take Scott, Aria, and I there but that's all. I want you to leave us there, and come home."

     "And me?"

     "I'm not talking to you now as X-Men." Charles told Ororo. "Scott, Aria, and I will go and fight for Jean without you. End of discussion." Ororo narrowed her eyes at the man. Charles sighed at the look of disbelief that had crossed the girl's face. "Storm, I have lost so many of the people that I love. I'm not going to ask you to go."

     Aurelia pursed her lips for a moment, her eyes glancing between that of Ororo and Kurt before she met Scott's eyes. The two shared a silent conversation before Scott nodded his head and Aurelia spoke up. "Well, I am." The four all turned their heads to look at the blonde. "We need you. I need you. If there is any chance that we're going to get Jean back, I'd like to know that we actually have a winning chance and getting to her before Erik and Hank do."

     "I've got your back." Ororo assured the girl.

     "Look―︎"

     "End of discussion." Ororo cut him off.

     Charles only looked at her before moving closer to the group. "Kurt. Close your eyes. I'll show you our destination." Kurt nodded before closing his eyes and grabbing Charles' hands. Ororo, Aurelia, and Scott all grabbed onto Kurt and Charles as well before Kurt teleported the group somewhere outside.

     Aurelia stepped forward towards the jet that was there, but no sigh of Eric or Hank anywhere. Aurelia clenched her jaw and turned her head to look at Charles. "Where are they?" Before they knew it, they were making their way up a sidewalk, right behind Eric, and Hank, along with one of Erik's mutants.

     "Hello old friend." Charles greeted, causing the trio to stop in their tracks and turn to look at them.

     "Save the old friend shit, Charles." Erik spoke. "And stay out of my way."

     "I'm sorry for what she did." Charles told him. "But I can't let you go in there."

     "You're always sorry, Charles, and there's always a speech." Erik said, making his way towards them by a couple of steps before he stopped. "But nobody cares anymore."

     "We do this here, now, they'll see us as monsters. Violent freaks fighting on the streets of New York."

     "What did I tell you?" Erik sighed, turning his head to look at Hank.

     "Damnit, man, your homeland will be gone." Charles snapped at him. He didn't want there to be a fight. He wanted to settle this in a way where there wasn't a fight, in a way that they wouldn't go after Jean. But this was Erik. And when it came to Erik, no matter what you said or did, it always ended in a brutal fight. "Everything you care about."

     "Save it." Erik hissed. He didn't want to hear a damn thing that they said, and that was what worried Aurelia. She wasn't a violent person, that wasn't in her nature. But she would fight for the person she cared about, the person she loved, no matter the cost.

     Aurelia glanced towards Scott who had been standing right beside her. He strode forwards angrily, his jaw clenched as he glared dangerously at the man that stood on the opposite side of them. Everything Aurelia wanted to say, but couldn't, seemed to fall from Scott's mouth in one simple sentence. "If you touch her, I will fucking kill you."

     "Don't do this, Erik." Charles pleaded towards the man.

     Aurelia looked at Erik for a moment before shaking her head. "If you're doing this because of what happened to Raven, if you're doing this for Raven, then you should know that she wouldn't want this. Raven was my mentor, she's the reason I can control my gifts, I'm angry and upset that it happened as well. But she wouldn't want this, and you and I both know this, Erik. So, I beg you, please don't make a fight when there doesn't have to be one."

Erik looked over at the blonde haired girl, the one that seemed too innocent to be apart of the X-Men. The one who was soft spoken, and didn't condone violence. He couldn't help but to be curious as to how someone like Aurelia ended up with someone like Jean. But nonetheless her words repeated in his head, and even then the rage seemed to bubble up inside of him. And his rage took over when Charles said his next words.

     "Killing Jean will not bring Raven back."

     Erik glanced towards Charles before his eyes fell back on Aurelia's. Muttering three simple words that started something that they could've possibly prevented. "The girl dies."

"