𝐄𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

CHAPTER ELEVEN:I THINK I LOVE YOU

CHAPTER ELEVEN:
I THINK I LOVE YOU

     "WHAT REALLY HAPPENED WITH MY family?" Aurelia questioned, fiddling with the necklace around her neck as she sat in Charles Xavier's office. It was a question she had been pondering for a long time. "Was it something I did?" She paused for a moment. "Was it because of what I can do?"

     Charles looked at the blonde, wondering where the sudden questions were coming from as he frowned and shook his head. "Not at all, Aurelia. Your parents sent you away to protect you." It wasn't a total lie. In fact, Aurelia's parents had gotten in contact within moments before the accident that took place.

     "Protect me from what?" Aurelia quizzed. "From myself?"

     "They didn't want to, Aria, but they knew it was the best option."

     "Is that why they gave me up? Why I was in an orphanage when you came and got me?" A tear slipped down her cheek as she looked at the man. She looked at Charles for a moment before softly asking, "Something happened to them, didn't it? Something awful."

     Charles sighed as he nodded his head. "It was an accident, but your parents were trying to protect you. . . and that got them killed."

     Aurelia nodded before wiping the tear away and standing up. "Thank you." Charles looked at her for a moment before giving the nod of his head and watching as the girl walked out. A soft sigh fell from her lips before she made her way to her room, smiling when she saw her girlfriend sitting there. "Hey," Aurelia whispered.

     Jean immediately stood up. "Hey. How'd it go?"

     "My parents are dead." Aurelia's voice cracked as tears filled her eyes.

     "Aria. . ."

     "It was some kind of accident." Aurelia continued. "They were trying to protect me. Keep me safe. And that got them killed. Is that who I'm gonna become? The one that needs to be protected only for her protectors to die in the end." Jean pulled Aurelia into a hug and Aurelia buried her face into the crook of Jean's neck and softly cried.

    "It's okay." Jean softly whispered, rubbing a hand through her hair.

     Aurelia pulled away, wiping the tears from her face and shook her head. She wasn't the only one. She knew Jean's parents were no longer alive as well. The blonde took in a deep breath as she shook her head. "I'm sorry. I'm being inconsiderate. I'm not the only one that doesn't have their parents."

     "No you're not." Jean denied, shaking her head. "We're both one in the same, in more ways than either of us would like to admit. But we are, and we're the only ones that will ever know what it's truly like, and that sucks." Both of their parents were dead, killed by an accident, and both of them contained powerful gits that neither of them could fully control.

     "We're the same, yet we're different at the same time." Aurelia scoffed. "How funny is that? It's like promises were whispered in the dark, and yet those promises were broken as soon as the light was turned on." She looked at Jean. Her girlfriend of a few months now, a little over half a year. She placed a hand on Jean's cheek. "I care about you, Jean. More than I've cared about anyone my entire life that isn't Scott. And I'm lucky that I get the chance to call you my other half."

     The two shared a quick kiss before Aurelia noticed a look on Jean's face. Aurelia furrowed her eyebrows as she deeply frowned. "Jean? Is everything alright?"

     "Yeah." Jean nodded, though she still held that look in her eyes.

     "Hey, talk to me." Aurelia tucked a strand of red hair behind Jean's air. "What's going on in that head of yours?"

     Jean searched Aurelia's eyes for a moment before saying, "I think I love you."

     It wasn't something Aurelia was expecting, but none the less a wide smile fell on her face. "I think I love you too."

     "Really? Because I gave myself a panic attack thinking you wouldn't feel the same." Jean let out a breath of relief and Aurelia chuckled as she nodded her head.

     "Jean, I fell in love with you the first day that I met you." The coupled shared another kiss, this one filled with so many emotions. They pulled away from one another and shared an excited smile. They were taking the next step in their relationship. And they were about to take another. "So, I talked to Raven. And I convinced her to let you sleep in here with me."

     Jean chuckled as she raised her eyebrows in surprise. "Now how on earth did you manage that?"

     "I told her it would help you with your nightmares." Aurelia shrugged. "And that it would keep my gifts under control, seeing as you are my anchor and all." Aurelia's smile widened as Jean chuckled in amusement. "Now, we don't have to sleep in the same bed, I can totally arrange for a second bed to be placed in here."

     "Oh, just stop talking." Jean rolled her eyes though a smirk was on the corner of her lips. Aurelia smiled before the two kissed once more. "You amaze me every day."

     "And you both make me wish I couldn't see again." Scott's voice filled the room, causing the two females to turn their heads to look at Scott who was standing in the doorway with a look of disgust crossing his features. This caused the two women to let out a laugh. "Come on. The movie's starting soon."

     "We're coming." Aurelia assured with a laugh. Scott just shook his head.

     "Leaving in five, with or without you." He jokingly warned. They both knew that he would never leave them behind. The two nodded before watching him walk away before exchanging looks with one another.

     "Come on." Jean nodded before grabbing Aurelia's hand, interlacing their fingers before the couple walked out of the bedroom, heading towards the car and smiling as Scott pulled away as soon as they closed the car door.

" Jean nodded before grabbing Aurelia's hand, interlacing their fingers before the couple walked out of the bedroom, heading towards the car and smiling as Scott pulled away as soon as they closed the car door