/prologue/

"*sigh* there's nothing to do..."
Leon Lionhart was a young male lion, his 18th was a week away. He was stand near the porch of his home, looking at the blazing sunset, the sun made light where his fur was which made a goldish shine from his coat. The feline's short mane, fur, and whiskers flowed when the wind hit it.
Leon just stood there watching the sunset and nothing much else.

Then his sister, Goldy walked to the porch to what he was up to.
His sister is 15 years old, she wears an aqua blue necklace, and her fur was a brighter shade of yellowish gold than Leon's which is where she gets her name.

"Leon, are you ok?"

Leon ignores her.

"Come on, you can tell me anything!"

He then responds
"Well, have you recently heard about this propaganda...?"
"Yeah? Why?"
"I'm sick of it, I want to go out to see what it's like outside, I wanna go on adventure! Why do we even have to stay here!?"

Goldy then stops him
"We're staying here for a reason, I'll tell you why."
Then she proceeds to tell him the reason.
"Long ago, there was once a huge and long war between different tribes, but it ended luckily. God then brought peace to the world. We were happy having fun with mammals, birds, reptiles, fish, amphibians, etc. until a void opened releasing millions of phantom creatures. They would either kill, torture, or corrupt innocent animals wether being on two legs (anthro) or four legs (feral)."

Leon was soon confused
"Holy crap, did anyone do anything about it?!"

"Yes, they did but it would take skills to banish them back where to came from, even some animals would go on the dark side even if they're not corrupted. And legend has it that the Phantom king wakes up from his almost eternal slumber after many years after the first phantom attack. And this is why we stay in our homes where we are protected."

" W-woah! "

"Dinner time everyone!"
that was their dad, it was almost dinner

"Come on, Leon! Let's eat before it gets dark." Goody said cheerfully.
"Wait, what about the king? Can he do anything to stop them?"

" I don't know, but we'll see. "
Goldy then runs off to get ready for dinner.
The sunset was gone now, just black with stars in the sky. Leon looks up to see a lion constellation.
"If I ever got one duty I could have, I would want to become king, so I can protect my friends and family."

He then walks away to go inside
He wants to go on adventure but at the same time he wants to protect the ones he loves.