Maggie

Maggie was prowling around Renegades  headquarters. Looking for what? She wasn't sure herself. Maybe it was her sister, whom she hadn't heard from since she was a baby. Maybe it was Hugh, who'd rescued her too late. Maybe it was Max, the boy who saved Galton. 

She fiddled with the silver bullet in her pocket, the bullet that gave Maggie her power. She didn't remember that night, she only had what the caretakers at the orphanage had told her. She was rescued by Hugh, her family  was dead, her sister never heard from again. 

Maggie's vision soon became blurred by tears in the back of her eye. She had always yearned for a somewhat normal childhood. Family at least. She fought back the tears which wasn't hard because she soon was overcome with anger. Anger at her sister for leaving her alone, even if she was dead (a part of Maggie always believed she wasn't) Anger at the Renegades, who failed to rescue her family. 

Maggie found herself at the Artifacts department, where they stored everything Renegades has used in battle, to pieces of clothing. Maggie had always wondered if Ace's helmet was really destroyed. They said it was, but they lied about that before. That helmet could amplify the persons power whom the helmet sat on. Just the thought of it made her pulse race. The things she could do with that helmet...

Maggie fell still. She had heard something fall behind her. Someone was here. Even though Maggie was just looking around, the thoughts that had occupied her head just seconds before were dangerous. She whipped around to see a shelf fallen on the floor and a tall blond boy standing behind it. 

Max. 

They held their eye contact before suddenly remembering that there was a fallen shelf on the floor. They both scrambled to collect the artifacts, not speaking a word. 

After the artifacts had been placed in a pile, Max asked if they should try to put the shelf upright. 

"We should probably fix the shelf, huh." 

"Yeah," Maggie stammered. 

But no one had to lay a finger on the shelf. Maggie's power drove though her, a new unexpected powerful feeling. She didn't even understand what was going on until she saw the shelf upright in front of her.