Max

Max sat down next to Maggie, his arm around her shoulders. A part of him thought she was lying. Maybe her new power frightened a little too much, he thought. 

"Maggie?"

She lifted her head to look up at him. 

Max's insides were twisting. He was going to tell her. 

"You and Nova,

are sisters." He barely managed it.

Her eyes widened and he felt her heart beat quicken. Before she could talk, Max explained everything. 

Maggie's breaths quickened, "I-" 

"She knows, and shes so happy," Max squeezed her hand. "Shes so happy to have her sister back." 

"But she left me,"She whispered.

"I know, and shes always wondered if you were alive."

"Okay." 

"That's it? Okay?" Max scoffed. 

"I can't change anything." 

They sat in silence for seconds more before Max suggested they clean up the metal pile. He was standing up when Maggie pulled him back down. She grabbed his arm and pulled him to face her. His heart beat quickened. Maggie leaned in closer, placing her forehead against Max's own. She hesitated from there, and it was Max who closed the space between them. Their lips met and warmth filled Max's body. They gave into each other, leaning against the other. Max's hands found their way to her waist and he pulled her into his lap so her legs straddled his waist. 

They kissed harder, with a new desire for the other. Maggie's hands caressed his hair, leaving his scalp tingling. His hands roamed her back and everything inside him shook. Their bodies pressed into each others as Max moved to kiss her neck. Maggie laid her head on his shoulders, breathing against his neck. 

Maggie pulled away, breathing heavily and smiling. Max's eyes met hers, and for a second he thought he saw sadness pass her face. He didn't have time to think about it before she kissed him again. They toppled onto the floor with Max on top of her. Maggie lifted her head and said, "Max.."