Max

Maggie was still in the bathroom, and now Max was beginning to worry.

Was she embarrassed, mad, he didn't know. 

Another five minutes passed before Maggie emerged from the bathroom. She looked like she'd been crying. 

Max rushed up to her but she only brushed him off. 

"Wha-"

"Thank you for breakfast, but I better get back home,"She said to Hugh and Simon.

No one had a chance to respond before she shut the door behind her. 

"Max-" Adrian started but Max stood stunned. She had just been so happy with him this morning. 

Max mumbled under his breath and rushed to him room, slamming he door behind him. 

Did I do something wrong?
Is she mad?

Max's head swam with questions he couldn't answer. 

Burying his head in his pillow, he let his body sink into his bed. 

Not five minutes later, Adrian and Nova slowly opened the door, peering in.

"Hey, Max." 

Max didn't respond. 

They slowly waled towards him, Adrian soon sitting on the corner of Max's bed. 

"God, I just feel like there's so much she's not telling me." Max said angrily. 

"I know how that feels," Adrian looked at Nova who blushed. "And look how that worked out." 

Silence.

"Were here if you need to talk."

They both started towards the door, but Max stopped Adrian.

"Adrian-"
Adrian looked at Nova who nodded, leaving Max and Adrian alone. 

"The other day and headquarters was weird." That was all Max could manage. 

"Tell me about it." 

"I promised Maggie I would try to find out what happened. Do you have any ideas?" Max lifted his head to meet Adrian's. 

Adrian didn't say anything for a couple seconds which worried Adrian. 

"Ace's helmet-" 

"-It's still here." 

Max was stunned. He had worn that helmet. He had felt just how powerful it was. 

Max was speechless. Adrian remained silent too. 

"And Nova's bracelet is made out of chromium." 

Max's eyes widened. 

"Its not, destroyed?"

Adrian shook his head.

"But that still leaves Maggie's  bullet. It pulled towards Nova's bracelet that day." 

Max thought long and hard before a thought so terrifying ran into his mind. 

"Could it be made of chromium?" 

"It's very possible, yes." That was just the answer Max was not hoping to hear. 

"So Nova's bracelet, Maggie's bullet, and Ace's helmet, all related?"

Adrian nodded. 

"But why?"

"Never short of questions are you?" Adrian nudged Max's shoulder. 

Hugh's voice filled the silence between them. "Boys, can you come in here?"