I need a favour

When we arrive in Asgard a servat takes out bags as we sit down on the steps of the castle balcony admiring the view. I lay my head on Loki's shoulder as he puts his arms around me, stroking my back and sending little shivers through my body. 

"Do you love him?"

He stops stoking my back as I sit up and look at him, noticing that a small tear has escaped the corner of his eye.

"Do I love who Loki?"

"Bucky."

I look down at the floor, sighing, "It's complicated."

"You do don't you."

"He's my best friend Loki."

He turns away as he bites the inside of his lip, "Friends don't look at each other that way."

"What way?"

"And they certaintly don't kiss each other like that."

I look back up at Loki. "You saw?"

"If you love him then why are you here?"

"Because I need to protect him from me," I turn his head so that he's looking me in the eyes."But also because I love you."

"Why does he need protecting from you?"

"I'm a monster Loki." I stand up and walk toward the edge of the balcony. "I'm built to kill people and I can't control that part of myself."

Loki stands up and comes to stand besides me, "You aren't a monster my Jess."

"If you knew half the things that I'd done since we last saw each other, you wouldn't say that."

He puts his hands on my hips and turns me around to face him. As he looks into my glossy eyes, a single tear falls onto my cheek and he takes his thumb, wiping it away.

"Nothing could ever change my opinion of you, not your past, not your present, nor your future and do you know why?" I shake my head, "Because I love you."

I smile at him weakly, as I uncross my arms put them around his neck. "I love you too."

He plants a cheek on my forehead before offering me his hand, "Shall we go inside?"

"Go ahead, I'll be in in a minute."

"Don't be too long." Says Loki as he kisses my cheek before heading inside.

Once I've checked that he's out of hearing range I pull my phone out from my pocket. Two bars. It will have to do. I type in the number before putting the phone to my ear.

A man answers the phone, "Hello?"

"Hey it's me."

"Jess? What's up?"

"I need a favour."