Me and Loki

"How about you start with how you met Loki."

"Okay," I smile, remembering the story, "I met Loki back when I first starte d working for Hydra. At the time, I was part of an undercover group on Asgard. It was the first mission I had lead and things didn't exactly go to plan. Somehow, Odin found out about us and I ended up getting arrested. Odin killed my whole team but he tortured me for information."

I lift up my sleeve revealing small scars all the way up my arm from where Odin used to torture me. 

"One day, Loki was sent to torture me. Instead he got me food, healed me and then spent hours in my cell talking to me. He then spoke to his father and arranged for him to be in charge of my suposed punishment. He spent hours in my cell, reading to me, singing to me and dancing with me. Over time. we fell in love. Everything was perfect and then it all came crashing down. Odin found out about us and began punishing Loki as well as me. He put him in the cell next to mine and began torturing us both, making sure we could hear each others screams. Making sure we knew that our actions had caused the other pain."

I move my hair to the side, revealing a scar that runs down from the behind my ear to the top of my shoulder. 

"Then one night, we had a visitor. It was Thor, Sif and the others. They'd come to help us escape because they knew that what Odin was doing wasn't right. So, we stole a ship, left Asgard and headed for Earth. Thor took us to an old cottage in the countryside and left us to live a quiet life. Me and  Loki chaged our names and the way we looked so that Odin didn't find us. We lived a normal peaceful life and fell more in love with every passing day. Eventually we got engaged and I became pregnant. Our new life was perfect, until Hydra showed up."

"Your dad came looking for you didn't he."

"Yeah." I stand up and walk to the window, admiring the view as I continue, "I was at home and I heard a knock at the door. When I answered it, I found my dad and Bucky stood there. My dad demanded I return to Hydra immediately and forget the life I'd lived the past few months. I refused so he threatened Loki and I had no choice. I wrote a letter to Loki, explaining that I had to leave for now but that one day I would find him again. I promised that we would get to live the life we always wanted to live with our child. And then I left, never seeing Loki again until he showed up a few months ago."

"What happened to the baby?"

"When I returned to Hydra my dad had developed a serum. It was designed to make someone a super soldier and he wanted to test it on me. He knew I was pregnant and knew the serum would kill the baby. I begged for him not to give me it but he did anyway. He said that if anyone found out I was pregnant with  Loki's baby that they would be disgusted. He said that he was giving the baby mercy by killing it before it had to deal with such a terrible mother. So he gave me the serum and never told anyone that I'd been pregnant. Even Bucky doesn't know."

"He really killed his own grandchild?"

I stay still, staring out the window as a single tear falls from the corner of my eye, "Yeah he did."