14. Bathing Time

Chapter Fourteen

    Anrielle laid in bed watching the King sleep. After their kiss, they talked. And talked. And talked. They had lost track of all time. It was past the height of the moon in the sky when his majesty fell asleep listening to the sound of her voice.

    She wasn’t sure what was happening to her. Micheal had told her to listen to her heart. Right now her heart ached with the thought that she’d one day have to leave the king and his kingdom. Her heart was telling her to stay. She wondered what this feeling really was.

    His majesty shifted and then his eyes opened. He smiled staring at Anrielle. But her eyes went down. He reached a hand out and graced her cheek. “Why do you look sad?” His voice was still husky with sleep.

    “I don’t understand.”

    “Understand?” He asked delicately moving her hair away from her face.

    “I have this feeling and don’t know what it is.” She placed her hand over her heart. “Micheal told me to follow my heart.”

    He tilted her to look at him as he moved a little closer to her and placed his hand over hers. “Tell me how your feeling. Maybe I can help you.” He smiled slightly. “I know a little about feelings.”

    She blushed a little as she shifted and laid her head on his shoulder. His hand curled around hers. “I’m scared to complete my purpose here.”

    “Scared?” He whispered to her as his thumb started to make gentle circles on the back of her hand.

    She lightly nodded. “That would mean I have to leave.”

    He smiled as he kissed her hair and smelled how wonderful she smelled. “And you don’t want to leave.” He tilted her  chin up. “Does your heart feel better when I’m around?” She blushed and nodded. “Does it ache with thoughts of me when we are apart?” Again she nodded. He sighed deeply as he held her tight. “I feel the same way.”

    “But I still don’t understand.”

    He smiled. “What happens when I say that I’ve fallen in love with you?”

    Her breathe caught as she looked up at him. Her heart raced as she searched his eyes. His hand went to lay over her heart. He felt the quickened pace and knew now what her heart was saying.

    He slid his hand up and behind her head as he gently pulled her to him. He kissed her lovingly before he pulled back and rested his forehead on hers. “You really want to know that feeling?” She nodded in a daze. “You’ve fallen in love too. Your heart is telling you that there is someone you can’t live with out as mine is telling me the same.”

    She relaxed against him as a few tears slid down her cheek. “Love.” She whispered and he sucked in a breathe at the sound of her voice. The way that one word washed over him and made him feel like he had wings.

    He held her and stroked her hair as he felt the warm drops of her tears. He could feel that she wasn’t sad. Just overwhelmed by having been helped to name the feeling she was and is feeling. He was happy that she was feeling the same way he was.

    As he felt her drifting to sleep, his mind started thinking. He would have no other by his side. He would ask her to be his wife. But he will let her adjust before he asked. He also had to figure out how to help his people. As well as deal with the people who wished him dead. There was still danger around them and he didn’t want more of a target on her that she already had.

    He fell back to sleep and dreamt of what he’d do to win his lady to say yes. He dreamt of a beautiful blue sky above. Her sitting on the terrence looking as gorgeous as always. Her hair with a few braids and the rest waving delicately in a light breeze. The sheer of her gown gently lifting behind her reminding him of the time she stopped the horse.