6. Her Greatest Fear

Chapter Six

Anrielle's sleep didn't last all night. She woke to feeling something rubbing the side of her leg. She barely moved as she lifted the sheets. She stared wide eye at the snake that was creeping up the side of her body.

She breathed through the fear she felt as she slowly moved away from the snake. She didn't want to provoke it. She was shaking as she slipped off the bed letting the bedding to fall naturally after her. She saw the snake curling where she once was.

The moment she was free, she ran to the door throwing it open. The guards were shocked to see her. Shock more to see her trembling before them. One of the guards, Frederick who was the youngest of the guards around her, pulled her to him to hug him.

"My lady? What is wrong?" She slithered her arm like a snake for Malek who had asked her. He was ready to do anything to keep her safe. "There's a snake?" He asked not sure if he was understanding right. She nodded and he disappeared into her room.

He came back shocked and looked at Frederick. "Get her to his majesty and see if he will let her stay with him. There seems to be more than one snake in her room." Frederick nodded before he knelt down and scooped their lady up.

He carried her as she still trembled. She hated snakes. It was one of those things she stayed clear of. They maybe a neutral creature, but she didn't like them. They always made her feel uneasy and fearful. Even where she was from.

The guards in front of the king's chambers looked at the two side ways. One of them knocks on his majesty's door without being told to. They receive a moment from within. A minute later, there was an enter.

Frederick walked in with his lady who was still trembling. The moment they were fully in his highness' front room, his majesty was over to them. "What has happened?"

"Forgive the intrusion my lord, but there has been another incident. A snake had been found in her bed as well as another was found elsewhere in the room. I'm not certain if there are more."

His majesty directed the guard to set her down on the edge of the bed. His highness sat next to her and pulled her to his chest. When he did, she burst into tears she didn't want to shed. His majesty rocked her and he tried to sooth her while he dismissed the guard saying she was staying with him the rest of the night.

He let her cry till she fell asleep. All he could do was comfort her the best he could. Telling her is was alright. That there were no more snakes. All the comforting seemed to get through to her.

When she finally fell asleep against him, he slid his hands under her and brought her to his chest. He was surprised at how light she actually was. He took her and laid her down in his bed before he joined her. Pulling her close to him so she was even more comforted. She seemed to snuggle against his chest.

This was even comforting for him. Darien sighed in comfort himself. soon he found himself burying his face in her hair and breathing deeply. He loved the smell of her hair. That airy and sweet scent made him love his angel more.

His dreams had changed for him. They were still together, but she had wings. She was an angel in his dreams. Though this time she looked sad. He didn't want his angel sad.

He touched her chin and tilted it up so he could see her face. "My angel. Why are you sad?"

A tear fell from one of her eyes as she pointed up. "You miss being in heaven?" A nod and another tear. "You have wings. Why don't you fly up to heaven?"

She took his hand and he felt the base of her wing. There were slashes at the base of her wing. She can't move them. They are just there.

He frowned. "Why are they like that?"

She leaned into him and he wrapped his arms around her. Because I'm here. They don't work down here. No one sees them either.

He smiled. "So you are really an angel as I always thought you were. How could you not be? My own guardian angel."

They held each other for some time. Neither saying a thing. Just feeling the other pressed against them. They felt so perfect like that.

I don't know why I'm here any more. They only told me to observe the gathering in that village. So many things have happened that has me wondering if they didn't tell me my true mission.

Darien tilted her chin up. "You think they wanted you here near me?"

She nodded. Because they left me here. When we normally get hurt, arch angels come and take us back to heaven to heal. But they left me here.

"Well... I'm glad that they did. I can't imagine my life without you. Even that day. I have thanked heaven that you lived." He stroked her hair.

She finally looked at him in the eyes. He seemed to melt at the sight of her eyes. She saw love in his eyes. Please tell me what this feeling is I've been feeling.

He smiled at her. "If you've been feeling what I've been feeling, then you've felt love. The love thats unique between only two individuals. Every time I see you, my heart races and I yearn to hold your hand in mine. I have never felt this way with anyone but you."

I didn't know I could feel this way at all.

Darien smiled at her and stroked her cheek making her close her eyes. "Everyone has a soulmate. Even angels."

Do you think that's what we are?

He smiled brighter. "Yes I really do. How else can I explain the feeling I had the instant I saw you? How I had wished that I had been shot and not you. How I can't stay away from you. How else am I going to explain it but as true love? I can't and won't think of it any other way."

She smiled up at him. Her eyes seemingly sparkling at him. He couldn't help himself as he moved his hand to the base of her scull and leaned down to her. He gave her a soft delicate kiss. He felt her easily accept the kiss and he continued but kept the kisses sweet. He wanted to show her how perfect they could be together if she would stay with him.

He majesty woke from his dream with a smile on his face. She was nestled against his chest. Her forehead pressed against his breast bone. Her arm draped over his side and around to his back. His arms wrapped around her. His nose still in her hair which made him feel like he was in his own personal heaven. He wanted this every day for the rest of his life.

He stayed there feeling how perfect this was. He watched her breathe as it moved his night shirt and press against him. He wondered if he could be more in love if even he tried. He doubted it with all his heart. She was perfect though she doesn't speak. But that was fine with him. She didn't need to. She said enough with her actions as it was.