16. Watching A Blessing

Chapter Sixteen

    Anrielle recovered and convinced his majesty that she was fine now. He was starting to see danger everywhere around her. He didn’t want to lose her. Over a week she managed to temper his suspicion ever so slightly. Just enough to convince him that they should go see other drought stricken towns.

    He had planned with her to visit three other towns who were hurting. They would stay for a week each place. He even convinced her to show him what she had done before.

    He glanced back at the very large pot of water that three guards were carrying. “So how does this work?”

    She giggled beside him. “All this place needs is faith and beauty.” She placed a hand over her heart. “I will bring both back.”

    He smiled down at her and graced her cheek. Her hand wrapped around his arm with a shaw drape over her shoulders. “Just being here you have brought both back to this town. Have you seen the joy the people have at us coming here.”

    She blushed as her mind replayed their arrival yesterday. The people shouted and cheered. Many begged her to bring another miracle. That they needed it. That their children her hungry. She had been saddened to hear that. Then they were calling her their future queen. She had blushed scarlet at hearing that. That they wanted her to be their queen.

    They came to a vast and dirty covered field. There wasn’t even a dried up piece of a crop that had once grown proudly in these fields. The sight was doleful. A terrible sight that tugged at her heart. Anrielle wanted now more than before to help heal this land of its sorrowful existence.

    She smiled at his majesty as she slipped her hand from his arm. She directed the guards to to set the pot on the ground. His majesty stayed where he was as he watched her move so gracefully. The guards standing next to him to watch.

    Her hands filled with the water as she voice started to fill the air around them all. His majesty felt as if the words of her language made him light. He closed his eyes and turned his face to the sky. He felt his soul feel with faith. The faith that what she’s doing will heal the land. Bring hope back to his wary land.

    He opened his eyes as the last of her voice faded away into the light. He smiled as she tipped over the pot and spilled the remaining water on the ground. His guards already walking over to the pot to lift it up. His highness himself smiled as he walked over to his lady.

    He took her hands and leaned in to kiss her cheek. “I’m so very blessed you let me experience this you do. What do you call what you just did?” He asked curiously.

    She smiled up at him. “A blessing. I sing with my soul to lift the energy around me. To ask that the land to be healed by the grace of heaven.” As she said the last bit, her hand went to her mouth and she yawned.

    His majesty frowned. “You are tired. You’ve done enough for the evening.” He bent a little and lifted her up into his arms. He saw her eyes slowly drooping. “Rest now my lady. I will carry you back.” He started out as her head rested on his shoulder.

    At the mayor of the town’s house, he took her straight up to their room. He was delighted that they had decided to have their night clothes on underneath their over clothes. This made it easy for him to help her get comfortable. All she had on was her over dress on top of her night gown.

    The night was quiet as he slipped in to their bed and pulled her close. He closed his eyes just to have them snap open with a strange sound. Like nails scratching glass. A shrill of a sound that sent shivers down his spine.