The New Girl

Authors note~~ hey hey this is gonna be my new book - That Girl- it's a Laya fan fiction but maya is a little bit more like me so a but more hyped up and a bit more like pranking and rebellious and stuff. Lucas will be as ever~ let's get going~~

--Lucas POV--
So I'm just sitting there in class and it's about 20 mins through and I'm so bored it's dragging on forever. And this is only the first lesson of the day. Mr Mathews then decides to give us a project about modern music in deferent parts of the world. This ovbolusly gets me excited because I can do Texas music from all the dances we used to do.
The day couldn't get any better in my opinion, well until..

--Maya's POV--
Ugh so I have to start a new school in a completely different state today. It's killing me going in there so I just sit outside for the whole first half of the first lesson of the day, then I decide to go find my class. Some kid gave me a timetable and a map and it's really confusing.
"Exscuse me, I'm looking for room 220, history?" I ask a random kid probably on his way to class as well, I guess. He just shruggs at me then keeps walking, ugh I hate this school already and I've only seen like 4 people.
I slide my back down the lockers and sigh on the floor. I need to find this room
It took me a few minutes but once I get there I can hear a middle-aged kinda man saying 'yes, Farkle can you answer me please' Farkle? What kinda name is Farkle? Eh, he's probably one of those geeks, I think.
I slowly open the door and, as usual, every school I go to this happens, everybody in the room looks at me.
The middle-aged ish man looks at me and says "oh, you must be our new student, I was wondering when you were going to turn up. My name is Mr Mathews and I'd like to welcome you to John Quincy Adams Middle School."
He smiles at me real big like. Woah, calm down.
"Hi, I'm Maya Hart." I say to him and everybody.
"Now maya if you would like to, tell us a little bit about your background, why you moved here?" He asks, ok, I'll try.

--Lucas POV--
She walked in and I could instantly feel everyone look at her, along with me. Woah, her hair is beautiful, blonde curls that sit perfectly on her shoulders. Her style, edgy, nice, she's amazing. Mr Mathews asks her name and she tells us it's Maya Hart. Pretty name for a pretty girl, I think to myself.
She starts telling us about her background and I can't help but listen intently.
--Maya POV--
So I start telling them about my background and this cute boy in the front starts looking at me, ok, he's cute, I automatically think we could be great friends, if he doesn't mind a lil rebel.
"Umm, well I moved here from Los Angles because, well.." I hesitate to tell the next part but they all need to know the truth, "I got expelled from my last school, uh, well yeah I got expelled for..." I feel everyone's mind screaming WHY? At me and I think I must tell them why.

--Lucas POV--
"I got expelled" kept playing in my head until she said the next part. The thing is, I don't mind that she got expelled she's rebellious, and it shows, but my mum. She won't let me be friends with a rebel. But Maya, maya, she's already showed ME how amazing she is. She doesn't need to be a goody girl to be a nice girl. I bet she's great.
She continues talking and I can see the fear in her eyes, "um, I was expelled for, for riding a tiger into the school and into the girls bathrooms." Wow. I'm going crazy in my mind. Wow. She IS AMAZING. How the hell did she do that? Wow. I can't even.. Wow.

--Maya POV--
I've realised I shouldn't be ashamed of what I've done. I chose to do it. So I tell them. And silence fills the room. There all speechless. Jaws drop.
So I tell them the backstory.
"Um,the reason why I did it, was, because of my best friend. His name was, well it doesn't matter. We were best friends and partners in crime, so, one night we were watching hangover, and well, you know that part with the tiger in the bathroom?" And a few people start to nod. I continue "well his uncle owned a zoo, and he knew where the keys were. We planned the whole prank for at least 2 months." I was getting to the sad part and I could feel the tears building up in my eyes.

--Lucas POV--
Her speech so far was just, wow, I don't even know what to say. She's amazing. She's brilliant. Her life is exciting. She stopped for a few moments to continue the next part of her story. I could see her eyes start to water a bit and I guessed something bad happens next.
I was right.
"So we planned for ages and then, a few weeks before we were going to do it, his mum got a job, here in New York actually, he told me and I cried for ages" a tear dropped down her face.
"I was so sad that my best friend in the whole world had moved. I've not seen him since then. I never knew where in New York he had moved to. he never told me or texted me or spoke to me after he moved. man, if i ever see him ill be so mad ill punch him in the mouth." i paused, a few people looked a bit scared so i continued. "I decided it would only make him happy if I did the tiger prank, so after another month of planning I decided to go ahead and do it. Obviously it was harder with only me and not my partner with me, but I did it sucsessfully and everybody clapped, some screamed, mainly the girls in the bathroom. But overall it was a good day and I know wherever he is, He'll be proud of me." She finished her speech happily, smiled and looked Mr Mathews for what to do next.

--Maya POV--
Oh my god. I just told them everything. They were all in shock. I don't even know these people and I've just told them the whole story. I look at everyone and they all look at me in shock and wonder. I turn to mr Mathews and he mentions to the seat in front of the boy who stared at me. The cute one. I won't mind sitting here.
I'm next to a pretty brunette with a flowery dress, and the cute boy is next to someone who looks completely geeky, he must be the Farkle.

--Lucas POV--
Mr Mathews put Maya in front of me in class and I couldn't be more happy. I get to stare at the back of her head for all lesson. It's the nicest back-of-a-head I've ever seen.
--After Class--
I walk out and I see Maya trying to get into her locker. She's trying but she cat so I go over there and ask her if she needs help
"Need any help?"
"Hey look, it's the boy who stared" she looks at me all smug like.
"Huh?" I ask, confused
"You, your the boy who wouldn't stop staring at me from the minute I walked through the door." She replies trying to get to her locker again.
"Wow, uhh, yeah, uh, soooo, about your locker, need help?" I say scraping the back of my neck and looking at the floor.
She giggles. Her laugh is adorable. Wow. "Yeah this is my combination" she says giving me the piece of paper.
I read and open it perfectly. I'm so glad I didn't do it wrong. That would have been embarrassing. "Here you go, the names Lucas by the way, Lucas Friar."
I say giving her the paper back.
--Maya POV--
"...Lucas friar" hmm, Lucas, nice name.
"Ok, so, see ya round, Lucas." I say to him close my locker and walk away.
Lucas. Lucas Friar. I'll have to remember that.

~~ A/n-- wow so, long chapter, very long, it's the first chapter so I didn't want it to be really bad so I've crammed so much stuff in. Sorry bout it. Updating as soon as possible.~~