Zay

AUTHOURS NOTE~~~~~~~~

see, i told you iim trying to update more often :)  enjoyy

~~LUCAS POV~~

everyone instantly knew why maya punched him.

FOUR DAYS LATER~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~LUCAS POV~~

maya hadnt been in school for 4 days now. we all knew why, but we just pretended that she had been suspended for punching zay. she probably would have been anyway if she hadnt run out of school. it was sad beacuse i missed sitting behind her and looking at what she was wearing that day, and how she had done her hair. i missed her random shouting at me from down the halls. i even missed the name calling! 

zays lip had been swollen but it was going down now so that was good for him i suppose, unless maya comes in again and gives him another one. mr matthews walked in with, MAYA, IT WAS MAYA. but she didnt look herself. 

"okay ms. hart can you take your regular seat please" mr matthews called to her. and when she came over toward me i could see she had been crying. like crying for a long time. it was like her face was stained with tears.  i just wanted to give her a huge hug but obviously i couldnt. so i just let her come and sit down in front of me. she wasnt wearing any make up and she was pale but honestly, she looked just as beautiful as when i first saw her. 

i leaned forward over my desk and whispered to her "hey, you okay maya?" 

all i heard back was a mumbled "uh huh" and i could tell she wasnt okay, i decided i would speak to her after class.

AFTER CLASS~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~LUCAS POV~~

i walked out of class and i saw maya walking away from zay, who looked like he was trying to tell her something. 

"maya wait maya let me explain" i hear him call

"no zay, you dont deserve an explanation." she throws back at him

they've stopped now and maya is stood in front of zay, arms folded waiting for a reply.  the whole corridor was silent, everyone afraid of who was going to throw the first punch.  

"look maya im sorry i didnt-" zay was cut off by maya

"sorry doesnt cut it this time zay. when you moved i called and texted you every single day for at least 6 months. you never replied. after a while i assumed you might have got a new phone so i facebook messaged you, snapchatted you, instagrammed you, i did everything zay. i did everything to try and keep us friends, we both knew it was going to be hard with you moving away but on the last day before you went-"

i could see maya was about to cry now and her voice was cracking sometimes when she spoke

"maya dont you think we should do this somewhe-" this time zay was cut off by maya almsot screaming in his face

"no zay, everyone deserves to hear this, everyone needs to know how much of a jerk you are. on the last day before you left you made a promise to me, we made a promise to eachother. we were best friends zay and i trusted you more than anyone in the world-" maya was full on crying now and zay was almost crying too

"zay we promised eachother we would stay best friends forever and that we would keep in touch every day and facetime/skype every day. i kept my promise zay. but you didnt. i even did the tiger prank.-"

"you did it? omg well done maya how did it-" he looked quite excited now

"shut up zay, i only did it because i thought someone would post it online somewhere or someone would send it to you. I DID IT SO THAT YOU WOULD KNOW I STILL WANTED TO BE BEST FRIENDS WITH YOU ZAY. I DID IT HOPING THAT IT WOULD GET TO YOU SOMEHOW AND THAT YOU WOULD CALL ME OR EVEN JUST TEXT ME AND SAY WELL DONE OR SOMETHING. some best friend you turned out to be."

maya finished and then turned away. she stopped and turned back. "you know, maybe i could shut you up if i gave you another swollen lip yeah?" 

i ran to maya and grabbed her waist to hold her back

~~MAYA POV~~

i was so mad at zay i could rip him apart so i pounced on him. i kept trying to grab him but i could because there were strong arms holding me back. i looked down a my waist at where lucas was grabbing me so i couldnt punch zay. 

"get outta here, go" i hear lucas say to zay. zay turns and walks away. hes obviously trying to look 'cool', but hes walking pretty fast. i try to run after him but lucas is still holding me back. i was still crying. hard. 

i hear lucas whisper in my ear "let him go, hes not worth it, hes not worth your tears." his voice sent chills down my spine, i turned around, yet leaned back a bit because lucas still had hold on my waist. 

"i could have had him huckleberry, you dont understand what i feel, let me go"

~~LUCAS POV~~

and with that i let her go, i knew she needed to be alone right now. i didnt want to argue with her and tell her that i did understand because i didnt want to make her upset. i watched her walk out of school crying, everyone was jumping out of her way when she walked past them. i knew maya didnt want to be feared but now, she was. nobody wanted to end up like zay with a swollen lip or a black eye. so nobody spoke to her.  

the worst thing was, that i was just like her. sometimes i still was, nobody wanted to see texas lucas. if texas lucas came out, then everybody gets out of my way. its only every happned a few times since i cme to john quincy adams, but im terrified that it will happen again.

AUTHORS NOTE~~~~~~~

hope you like the chapter, what will happen next? will lucas' texas side come out? we will just have to wait and see! 

that was extreemley cheesey :) anyway comment down below telling me what you think should happen next and also would you guys mind if i use a few swear words? not like massive bad ones but just a few to express anger? tell me <3 thanks for reading