Patience

Gwen|Quentin
__________________________________

Gwen had managed to control her heartbeats after the talk with Quentin. She was busy with a customer when the door of the cake shop opened. She didn't look up and continued with her work.

Quentin entered his favourite cake shop and noticed Mrs. Hannah along with a beautiful girl behind the counter. As soon as he moved couple of steps further, he noticed how beautiful the girl looked and that surely took his breath away.

She had brown caramel hair and was wearing simplest of clothes yet looking so pretty that he forgot to blink his eyes.

He came out of his thoughts because of Mrs. Hannah's voice.

"Quentin, my son! How are you? You are coming here after such a long time. I thought you forgot me!!"

He smiled at her and moved towards her,"No way! I can never forget you!"

He then gave a quick glance to his sunshine and said,"Actually l was busy in searching a certain someone and didn't get time to visit you. I am sorry"

She smiled at him,"Oh no problem son. So tell me who is that certain someone of yours?"

"I will tell you soon and trust me you will be the first one to know"

She clapped her hands,"That's great! I'll look forward to it!"

"Yeah,by the way if you don't mind can l talk to this girl for few minutes?"

"Oh yes yes,sure you can"

He then turned towards Gwen,"Hey miss. Can you come aside for few minutes?"

"O-ok"

Sitting at one of the tables, Quentin finally took her name,"Gwen"

"Yeah?"

"Its really nice to meet you"

"Ye-ah yeah, same here"

"I won't ask why you stopped talking to me but if you want to share then you can. I am all ears"

"Um actually, l was busy"

"Ok...do you remember in one of our phone calls, you asked me whether l am fine or not?"

"Yeah"

"so I'll be asking the same question now...what happened to you? You have dark circles under your eyes and that cheerful voice which l am used to hear everyday is missing. Please tell me Gwen, don't see me as a stranger"

"You are not a stranger to me"

"Thanks that's good to know... remember one thing, l care for you and I am ready to beat anyone who has wiped that beautiful smile from your face"

"I lost my father in an accident 2 weeks ago"

"Oh, I-I am so sorry"

"I don't want any sympathy from you or anyone!!"

"No no!! I am not giving you sympathy at all, l genuinely care for you."

"Ok, then don't say sorry"

"Ok fine l won't, now listen can l get a paper and a pen?"

"Why?"

"Have patience sunshine,you will get to know!"

"Ok"

She gives a small paper and a pen to Quinten and he sends her away from there so that she doesn't get to know what he is writing.

"And yes! Meanwhile can you pack a caramel cake for me?"

"Ok"

He quickly writes down something and folds the paper.

"Here's your caramel cake"

"Thank you, take this paper and don't open it until you reach home"

"Why?"

"I told you right, patience is the key to success"

"Ok fine, l won't"

"Great, now listen- please pick my calls from next time. I dont want you to ignore me"

"I will"

"Perfect, bye!!"

"Bye"

He left the shop and she got busy in work though her hands were aching to open the paper and read what Quentin wrote.

__________________________________