Guilt (Noah's take on what happened)

To say that Noah suffered from guilt was the understatement of the year. Being human was a price to pay, and that cost was intense guilt for Noah. The school poisoned with the bodies of his fellow officers and the young girl, really took a toll on Noah's mind. And to top it all off, the lies of what really happened that night is what's hammering that last nail in his coffin.

He can see himself being lowered, achingly slow, to the hole 6 feet underground while in his coffin. His mind alert and alive, but his body unresponsive as he looks up and sees the deceased officers glare down onto him. Their lifeless eyes bore into him, melding all their anger, grief, and sadness into that stare as they cover Noah with dirt from above. The four officers' cracked opened heads are swaying in time with wind, and Noah wonders if the heads will fall in with him in his coffin so he can feel their stares forever. Buried deep below ground, just like the truth.

Denying and avoiding has festered it's way into his daily schedule. No one would be ever the wiser of the destruction Klaus caused just hours ago. The fate of those fallen officers would be sealed away, locked tight, which went against everything Noah stands for. Combing a hand through his hair Noah looked on at the dull, grey wall of his living room.

"Withholding information, great job, Sheriff Stilinski" Noah sighed as he roughly turned on his side for what was probably the hundredth time tonight. Who could sleep after what Noah and Stiles endured?

"Klaus probably could", Noah thought bitterly while wishing intense harm upon Stiles' brother from Hell. And unlike normal people, Noah did not count sheep in order to induce a state of sleep. He counted all of the ways he could hurt Klaus, from slow to grotesque, Noah thought of it all. However, Noah knew that no matter how armed to the teeth he was, no matter how much armor he put on, and no matter how hard he fought he knew he couldn't win, and that's what hurt him the most.

Author's note:
     I know I haven't updated in a very long time, and for that I greatly apologize. My updates are so sporadic and unpredictable. I do really want to continue this story and I have full plans to do so, I just don't know how long it will take. So, I wanted to get a little something out there even though it is only roughly 400 words, I am sorry for it being immensely short. I don't really know where to go from here now, but I am brainstorming. I start a new semester on the 25th, so I will be crazy busy. Here's Noah's take on what happened in the last few chapters. I appreciate everyone reading this and I thank you SO much for sticking with me even after all this time ☺️. Stay safe and you guys are amazing :)