𝒋𝒐𝒏

december 31st, 1986

seattle, washington

"of course you know the fucking bouncer."

"i've been coming here since i was literally 14, krist. bobby is my guy."

krist snorted as the trio stepped into the crowded club, falling silent as they took in the sight of all the people.

molly inhaled, breathing in her favorite scent- cigarette smoke, cheap, spilled beer, and sweat; the smell of a concert. she could be having the worst day of her life, and one whiff of that would put a smile on her face.

"oh, shit, look!," krist broke the silence between the three, "the melvins are here!"

molly looked in the direction he was pointing to, buzzo's unmistakable tufts of hair just barely visible over the sea of bodies.

"go, mingle," she said to the boys with a dry smile, "i'm gonna head to the bar, i'll meet you guys over there."

krist started to walk over to them and molly turned to go get a drink, when she noticed kurt hadn't moved at all.

"you good?" she asked him, placing a hand on his shoulder.

"i'm paying you back," he said firmly.

molly nearly laughed, "is that why you look like someone just kicked a homeless puppy? it was $5, kurt. no you're not."

he opened his mouth to protest but molly cut him off.

"think of it as a late christmas present. now c'mon, let's go get wasted," she said, steering him towards the bar.

"the usual molly?" the bartender asked, grinning, as soon as they walked up the the bar, ignoring the frustrated customers who had been trying to get a drink for the past ten minutes.

"not tonight, sam. just some shots for me and my friend here," she replied, grinning back.

"you got it. vodka, right?"

"you know it."

sam went to go get their drinks and molly turned back to kurt.

"who don't you know?" he asked.

molly laughed and started to respond, before she was cut off by a voice from behind her.

"lookin' good, star."

molly slowly spun around, facing whoever had interrupted her.

"what do you want lanegan?"

"relax, i'm not here to bother you," he said, tossing his long hair over his shoulder.

"i highly doubt that."

he rolled his eyes.

"shots are up, molly," sam interjected, setting a try full of little shot glasses filled to the brim with clear liquid.

she nodded to him in thanks and turned back to lanegan.

"what can i help you with mark?" she sighed.

"your boy here? i've been lookin' for him, but i haven't seen him yet, i have to, uh, pick something up before i go on later."

molly rolled her eyes.

"pick something up." she knew exactly what it was he was "picking up."

"for once, lanegan, i wish i could help you. jon has decided that his girlfriend is the least of his worries for tonight," molly told him, picking up one of the shots and slamming it back, enjoying the familiar burn.