Chapter Two: A Not so Normal Run {Rewritten}

Waking up the next morning was complete and total hell. I didn't drink enough to even get slightly drunk, but that didn't stop my body from causing me fair amounts of pain. This is my punishment. My punishment for listening to my damn sister and drinking with my damn friends. I shouldn't have gone last night, nothing good ever comes out of me stepping out of my normal routine.

Rolling out of bed, I shuffle my feet towards my bathroom to get my day started. With a flick, my bathroom light was on and practically blinding my sensitive eyes. "Fucking hell." I mutter, shaking my head and moving towards the shower. Movement in the mirror caught my attention, causing me to immediately look. I let out a loud gasp as I took in what I saw. A rats nest I called hair sat upon my head proudly, practically daring me to attempt to tame it. I pout in response. Do I have two to three hours to start my wash day routine? I hum out loud and shake my head in response. Simple curl maintenance would take about an hour. That seems worth it.

"Chris!" My mom calls. "Breakfast is ready, love."

"Okay, ma! I'll be down soon." I call back. I strip out of last nights clothes and gets into the hot shower, making it quick. Once the sweat from the party was scrubbed off, I step out of the shower and wrap a towel around my body. I then get started on detangling my hair, styling it into a nice bun on top of my head. I take a moment to stare at myself in the mirror and my mind began to wonder. Would he think this was sexy? Does he think I'm sexy? He was the only one of us to get a good look. Does he think I'm gross? Is that why he didn't approach me when he had the chance?

"Chris!" My mom shouts again, pulling me from my thoughts.

"I'm coming, mommy!" I sigh and go to get on some work out clothes before heading downstairs to the kitchen. "Morning, ma." I smile and kiss her cheek.

"Good morning. You're breakfast is going to get cold." She scolds me. I give her a smile and sit at the table to the left of my father who sat at the head. My father's focus was on the paper as he wished me a good morning.

"Morning, pops." I respond. Then I began to eat my breakfast.

"So, how was the party? Anything interesting happen?" My father asks. It's a set up! My wolf screamed at me. If he's asking, he already knows. Pretend you got home before everything got crazy. Lie your ass off.

"No, not really. I only stayed for a bit. Being out was a bit overwhelming." I respond smoothly, hoping he would end the conversation.

"Really? So you weren't there when the members of the Broken Shadow Pack crashed the party and started a fight?" He questions me. HE KNOWS! Why did you listen to me?! You never listen to me! A sigh slips past my lips.

"As soon as it started, I got out of there."

"Chris," my dad starts, but I cut him off.

"I had so much fun last night, dad. Please don't stop trusting that I'm more responsible." I ramble out quickly.

"Chris," he attempts to cut me off again, but fails.

"I shouldn't be punished for some jerks not being able to handle themselves,"

"Christine!" My father calls sternly, causing me to stop. "I'm not faulting you." He tells me. "But I do wish you would have told me yourself. Now, I have to have a sit down with the alpha." His tone was bored with slight hints of irritation.

"You're not mad at me?" I question, hesitantly.

"Nope." At some point, my mother had joined us. I peek at her. She just shakes her head at me.

"Okay. Well, um, where's Jason? It's almost time to start training."

"Jason is busy this morning, dealing with the members involved on our end." My father responds, looking up at me. "You've got another free day." The stupid grin spreading across my face was unstoppable. When I met his eyes, he had the same smile.