one.

the masked man came through the door with a loud slam, only to be greeted by a tall, handsome, man wearing a simple white hoodie and jeans. he was munching on a breakfast bar, and sitting on a swiveling chair. 

he turned his head quickly to the masked man, and got up from his chair when he saw him. 

"did you get the diamonds?" he asked.

"no," the masked man grumbled. he threw his gun onto the table in frustration, and sat down on the velvet armchair.

"okay, now for a better question," the man above sighed. "did you kill him?"

the masked man answered with no hesitation. 

"he was of no use to us anymore, he didn't want to comply and refused to tell me anything. yes, i killed him, but that stuff's none of your business, sunghoon."

sunghoon was the masked man's best friend. they had been friends all through their childhood, all through the time they struggled, all through the time they converted their ways. for the better or worse, was up to interpretation. 

meanwhile, the masked man removed his famous mask. 

he revealed his chiseled, but incredibly exhausted, face. no doubt, he was handsome, with wavy blonde hair that had the slightest hint of pink at the ends, and a sharp jawline. his ever glaring eyes refused to soften, and he kept his expression cold and uncaring. he too had bruises as evidence of his fights, but his cool stature remained the biggest proof that he never let his opponents get the best of him.

(sunghoon on the other hand liked to say that he wasn't much of the fighter type. he did most of the hacking and researching work.)

"so you did kill him?" sunghoon asked as he munched on the last bit of his breakfast bar. he balled up the wrapper and dunked it into the rubbish bin. 

"what do you think? yeah, i did," replied the masked (now unmasked) man with a roll of his eyes. 

"you can't just go around killing everyone as you please, jay," sunghoon sighed. 

jay. park jongseong

sunghoon was the only one who knew those names, and of course, the only one who knew of the face behind the mask. 

sometimes, when jay heard his own name, everything inside him would curl up, whether it was sunghoon calling for him, or watching a tv show that mentioned any of his two names. he wasn't used to it. he was used to being negatively referred to as the masked man. 

he was used to being outcasted. but why should that be important to be a feared mafia detective? being feared should  be expected to a gangster like him.