Corrupted

The night sky was engulfed in clouds, no star to be seen. The air had grown thin, and the temperature was dropping. The wind howled, making the trees moan and creek. A full moon occasionally, shining through, lighting up the tower.

The hunter hugged her arms around herself, as she walked away from her apartment. She turned around taking one more good look at it. She felt so much remorse, so much regret. But she can't look back now. She needed to find her purpose, find herself again. Her life was falling apart as each day passed, she couldn't handle much more. 

She's never felt so helpless in her life. She has always been able to take care of herself. So independent, never relied on anyone, until Dax and Kenji came along. And everything changed completely after Ronin came into her life. 

Kaze slammed her eyes shut, trying not to think about her husband. She was so emotional everytime she thought about him. She has to move on. He no longer wants her in his life. The tears threatening to spill from her eyes. 

"Come, little Hunter, we are waiting for you on the moon," the wizard whispered to Kaze."

"I am leaving the tower now...." All the sudden she was in a trance-like state. She was transmatted into her ship and flew to the moon. The hunters ghost was concerned for her, and was honestly scaring him. But he was too scared to say anything, especially after seeing what she did to Kenji. 

Arriving on the moon, Kaze, brought her ghost out and he transmatted her sparrow. She got onto it and headed past Sorrows Harbor. It was where the wizard that's been beckoning her, was located. The ghost didn't want to be here, let alone work with the Hive. 

Kaze arrived at the ominous tower that loomed in the sky, on the moon. She walked through and was greeted by thrall and acolytes. 

"Xyor has been waiting for you. Follow me," the acolyte voice was deeper and not what she expected. Honestly the little hunter had no clue the Hive could talk. 

She followed him up a set of stairs, until they reached an elevator. Eventually getting to the wizard. There were ogres and knights, standing around as well. It was strange not having them shoot at her. 

"Welcome my little hunter. So glad you have decided to join us. We are so very pleased to have you with us." The wizard flew up to Kaze, floating in front of her. Seeing the wizard up close like this, was strange to her. She knows deep down this is wrong, and she shouldn't be here, but she can't seem to leave. Lll

"Show her to where she will be staying, my son, allow her to settle in. If you need anything my dear, do not hesitate to ask. Get to know us. I promise we are not as bad as the other light-bearers have made us our to be." She bowed towards the small hunter, Kaze did the same. 

A knight came forward, "This way," his voice was even more gruff then the acolyte's was. He began walking, she followed suit. She had no clue how the Hive lived, it was strange but at the same time familiar. 

"Here is where you will be staying, if you need anything, don't be hesitant to ask, I sleep close by. My name is Narax ." The knight began turning away.

The hunter nods, "Kaze." It was barely a whisper but the Knight heard her. The Hive rolled her name over his tongue, or she believes they have tongues, if they can talk. He nods and walks out leaving her alone. 

Her ghost transmat, " Kaze we really shouldn't be here! You can go back-"

"To what?" She snaps, " there is nothing left for me there. I cannot go back...not after....not after shooting Kenji..." She lowered he voice.

"They would never forgive me..." The hunter lowered her head. She felt horrible but in that moment, she don't know what over came her. 

"You can still go back...We can figure this out together," he floated over to her chest, snuggling against it, " I promise they are just worried about you, just like I am. I love you Kaze. I fear I never tell you enough. But you are my guardian, no one can change that except you... I thank the traveler everyday for allowing me to find you." They both sat there him snuggled up to her. The silence consumed them. 

"I'm sorry...I just can't go back now....if you want to, you are allowed to leave. I can't hold you here I-i just can't..." Kaze let's go of him. He floated above her, she couldn't look into his singular eye. 

"I can't leave you....I won't. No matter what we are a team!" He assured her, " Just know I don't believe you are making the right decision. I believe there is another way to go about this. I believe that everyone will take you back with open arms!" He spoke with such enthusiasm. 

"Im sorry ghost.... I can't..." Kaze whispered. A single tear slid down her face. There was so much pain and confusion behind her eyes. She didn't know what else to do but run. She ran away from everything, from her problems, her family and friends. 

But this way she can't make anymore mistakes and hurt the people she loves. They won't have to deal with her anymore. They can live happily without her burdening everyone. 

She can finally get over Ronin and move on. He won't ever have to deal with her again. None of them every will. Everyone can move on in peace. 

In the morning, the same Knight came to get her. Both walking into the room where all the Hive were gathered. 

" As of yesterday we have obtained the power of a guardian. A lost one, who has come to find her place, among us. She comes to obtain more power, find out the way of the Hive,  as well as love, and truth. She is welcomed and we are very grateful for this guardian. We need this power on our side, for this coming war ahead." All the Hive cheered, and roared in agreement. Kaze just stared forward, taking this all in. 

"My son, Narax, will be working closest with her. Training her, making sure the rituals will be uninterrupted," the word was slurred, and exaggerated," as well as taking out any guardian who stands in our way!" Everyone cheered, roared, making noise. Even, Kaze, herself had a devious smirk plastered on her face. And her eyes held this unusual, dark glint. 

Her ghost watched in horror. He has never seen her like this. He hopes that she isn't too far gone, or she may never be herself again.