Damaged

The two guardians rushed to the elder Titans side. Kenji was knocked out, with a bullet in his arm. His ghost transmatted in front of them, frantically.
"We need to get the bullet removed before the poison spreads!" Remy spat, "help me move him to the bed, Dax." The exo grabbed the upper half of the Titan, as Remy grabbed his legs hoisting him on the bed.
"Is there an tweezers or something we can remove it with? We don't need to touch it with our hands, without risking ourselves to the poison." Dax rummaged through the drawers within Kaze's apartment. He had every drawer opened and couldn't find anything. Remy joined in the search to help, but to no avail.
They could hear the strained noises coming from their friends mouth, they could tell he was in so much pain. The ghost began scanning his body, seeing what he can do about the poison. Realizing he can only slow the poison down and stop the pain, just for the moment.
"Can we move him to the infirmary?" Dax asked.
"No, if we try moving him too much the poison will potentially move through his body. If we can stop it from spreading somehow that's the best option." The warlock hesitated, "The best thing would be amputation, to prevent it moving to the rest of his body. But Kenji needs to be conscious so he can make that decision." Remy looks up towards Dax's worried orange optics. There was an pregnant pause between the two fireteam members. Dax looked at the ground, standing awkwardly. He couldn't imagine what this meant for his friend. What would that mean for him being a guardian? How would that affect him?  So many questions ran through Dax's head. Remy was had alot of questions as well. Kenji's ghost floated down to his guardian, laying down upon the Titan. He was absolutely worried. He didn't want to lose his guardian!

"We probably need to get someone down from the medical bay to come here. So someone who knows what they are doing, continues with the procedure. They can take that bullet and extract the poison from it, maybe make a sort of antidote. Anything for Kenji over here..." Remy pointed out.
Dax nods, " I'll go see if I can grab someone, I'll be right back!" He runs out of the room, as fast as he normally runs after Kaze after she gets injured on a mission.

Kaze. She's a whole other issue. What are they going to do about her. No one knows where she is gone to! By the Traveler, thing's have gotten much worse than he has imagined. Remy ran a shakey hand over his head, and let out a labored breath. Closing his eyes, the warlock, just sat there; waiting for his friend to arrive back with help.

The sun was setting, darkness was settlings in. He grabbed a rag that he carries with him, in a pouch on his armor, wetting it with cold water. He comes back placing it on Kenji's forhead. The Titan was beginning to sweat. He really hopes Dax come back soon, with help. He could see the now visible purple marks coming from where the bullet still punctures the skin. The poison was moving through his arm. He hopes it wouldn't make it too far before some medic came.
Kenji's ghost floated in front of the Warlock.
"Hey I've done what I can to stop the poison from settling too much. But I can't completely stop it; just basically can make sure he isn't in as much pain...." Remy nodded. He knows the ghosts can heal most injuries and revive us, but from a Thorn bullet it's impossible for the ghost to heal him completely. It's has a very bad reputation, that a lot of guardians know too well.
"You did what you can. I'm sure he thanks you, and I thank you." Remy tried to sound chipper. Trying to hold on to what little hope they had.

"He's in here!" Dax came running back in the room with two guardians behind him. An female, awoken, Warlock comes through the door; followed by a male, awoken, Warlock. Remy shot up from his seat moving out of the way, for them to get closer to the Titan. Kenji's ghosts floats over between Remy-7 and Dax. The two Warlocks get to work. All just watching and waiting for a miracle to happen.

The two guardians emerged from the apartment. Dax and Remy were waiting outside at this point, they couldn't stand the sight of him in that much pain.
"So we were able to remove the bullet from his arm." They stopped looking between each other," but we could only slow down the poison. There is nothing we can do for his arm. In probably a week or so his arm will become useless." The Titan and Warlock, sighed in defeat.
"What about the rest of his body, will is spread further?" Dax's voice barely audible.
"Unless he would want his arm to get amputated, then yes it will spread. But as long as he doesn't do things strenuous on the body it will be a slow, gradual spread. Eventually though, it will consume his whole body making it's way to his heart, killing him..." The female guardian spoke up. She knows they don't want to hear that but they need to be prepared for the worst, "I'm sorry."
Silence hung in the air. Both taking in what the guardians had said. This was bad news. This day has just went side ways, quick!
"How long do you think he has?" Remy spoke up.
"Not quite sure but I would say atleast a couple months at most. If I were in your shoes and you don't want to lose him, maybe talk to Ana Bray about transferring his mind over into an exo's body. As long as his mind is still there, and he the poison hasn't killed him, she can transfer his mind over. Just don't wait too long.." The Warlocks bowed, "we are sorry yet again."
"Thank you both for all you could do..!" Dax and Remy nod towards them, as they walk off.
"What now? Kaze's missing and Kenji is slowly dying...and Ronin is still gone...? I just can't take anymore today! We need good news..." Dax sits down in a chair, inside of the apartment. Remy follows suit. The warlock rubs what would be his temples. They both felt absolutely helpless. Neither of them knowing what to do next. They don't have their fireteam leader to ask. Or Kenji's level head. Or even Ronin to ask for any advice. When Kenji didn't know what to do, it was Ronin you would go to. Now it's just Dax and Remy by themselves, no one else to lean on.
"Wait what about Ivy? You think she could help? I mean if anything help us locate Kaze?" Dax spits out.
"That's if she isn't busy with her own stuff, we know that woman is always in the middle of something. Probably doing a task for Ikora as we speak..." Remy huffs.
"Your right, I guess it is up to us."
"You must be forgetting about someone!" Kenji's ghost pipes up.
"Oh yeah we got him as well, and our ghosts. Maybe they can come up with a plan...."
"It's worth a shot, I'm willing to do anything to get Kaze back and have Kenji well."
"Me to Dax, me too!" Remy sighed.

"Hey why so glum?" The voice broke both of them out of their thoughts.
"Kenji! Your awake!" His ghost glides over to him, "thank the traveler your awake!" He snuggles against his chest.
"Of course I'm awake, it was just a bullet." Kenji went to sit up but fell back down immediately. His arm was numb.
"No it wasn't man, you got hit by Thorn!" Dax spoke up. Then everything came back to the Titan, like a tidal wave. He blinked for a moment collecting himself.
"So Kaze's gone?" He looks between the two guardians. The both nod their head.
"We're sorry man, we don't know what to do at this point. You can not move much or the poison will spread throughout your body to your heart... killing you. The medics said you had maybe a couple months if you don't do anything strenuous to yourself..." Remy-7 slammed his eyes shut.
Dax looked away, he couldn't look his friend in the eyes right now. He was feeling all sorts of emotions and was having trouble keeping them at bay. Between losing his best friend and his fireteam member, he felt like his mind was slipping slowly into darkness. He felt worse than the day that him and Kaze broke up.

Kenji was stunned hearing this information. He was actually going to die and there was nothing they could do. Well at least he has has a long life. And was able to kiss the girl he loved, even if it was short lived. He has been a guardian for centuries now. They're will be always be new guardians to take his place. A few tears slipped form his eyes, unknowingly to his friends. They didn't need to see him like this anyway. The Titan feels so useless though, his girl is gone and he can't do anything about it. He will miss her the most. That smile of hers, the way she laughs. Her soft purple hair, and her lips. Her kisses were out of this world. He took a deep breath steadying his thoughts. Just hopefully they can get her back and she can be reunited with Ronin again. The elder Titan would love to see her and hold her one last time. And tell her how much she means to him, but he knows that more than it likely won't happen. Time will move on, it always does. He will miss everyone that has become his friend.
"Nova, buddy I guess I will joining you soon!" He whispered to himself.
"Did you say something?" Dax looked towards his friend.
I was just thinking, I guess I was thinking out loud, sorry." Kenji faked a smile.
"Well we are at your apartment." He guesses he was too deep in thought to realize he was moving. They move the Titan to his bed and got him settled.

"I'm going to leave and get some rest, I will be back sometime tomorrow to check up on you, Kenji." Remy-7 said, "Goodnight!" He closes the door behind him.

"I will be staying here with you. So if you need anything I will be on the couch. Do you need me to get you some water?" The younger Titan offers. The other guardian nods. He grabs him some water, taking to to him. Kenji takes it and chugs it, he was so thirsty. But Dax doesn't expect any less, he goes and grabs him another one setting it beside his bed, as well as a bottle of pain medicine.
"If you need anything wake me up! I've placed another water beside your bed and some pain pills as well! Try and get some rest, tonight, " Dax walks off hoping that wasn't the last time he would talk to him. As well as hoping this wasn't the last day he saw Kaze.