𝖢𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝖲𝖾𝗏𝖾𝗇

«The Female of the Species»

A NOODLE store. That's where A-Train gets the Compound V from according to Popclaw, and that's why I'm again in the parked van with Frenchie, MM, and Hughie.

"Sorry, baby, just, work's just been a motherfucker lately," MM spoke to his wife over the phone.

"You know I'd much rather be at home, rubbing on them toes than out here breaking up yard fights, but a brother got to get paid. Oh, most definitely. Payday comes, we gonna be all up in Kay Jewelers, tearing it down. Champagne showers. I know, I know, I'm just kidding. All right, sweetheart. Talk to you."

Frenchie had his eyes fixed on him as he hung up which made him glare at him. "Say something," he said.

"Well, you know, Jean-Paul Sartre said marriage stifles our essential male urges," Frenchie who was in the driver's seat said.

"Jean-Paul Sartre also died an old, lonely motherfucker. Not to mention his girl was shacking up with some other dude," MM replied while Hughie and I sat in the back our eyes scanning the streets for the noodle guy.

"Oui, they were free to explore."

"Explore what? Gonorrhea?"

"Will you two just stop, please?" I said.

"Come on, Frenchie. Why work so motherfucking hard if you don't have somebody to go home to and sleep next to at night?" MM said ignoring me.

"Well, I go to sleep next to someone different every night."

"Jesus," I muttered under my breath and only Hughie heard me.

"Because you're an old, lonely fucker, too. And you're gonna die by yourself," MM told him.

"Hmm. Well, if you and Monique have something so pure, why are you lying to her about where you are?"

"That's him," I said the moment I spotted our guy.

"Noodle Guy. He's packing," Frenchie said before exiting the van.

"About time we see something," MM said before turning to me. "Come on, you can't stay here."

"Yeah, and I can't really go out there," I said.

"Put that cap on and you'll be fine," he said referring to my hoodie.

"Lydia, come on my friend," Frenchie who poked his head in said. "We'll lose the guy."

As expected the guy entered the noodle store but soon disappeared inside a room.

"We got to go in there, don't we?" Hughie asked as the four of us stood there, eyes fixed on the door.

"Don't be scared, Petit Hughie," Frenchie said.

"Will you stop calling me that? I'm six feet tall."

Frenchie managed to pick the lock to a room that led us into what looked like a basement. There was a group of Asian men laughing and chilling.

Frenchie gestured for me to follow him while Hughie and MM went to search the other side. They had their guns drawn out while Hughie and I had nothing but them and their guns.

We eventually met up again in a room full of boxes. "Let's hurry up, let's go. Check those boxes," MM said.

I started searching a box up when I noticed Frenchie being drawn away from us by something he saw inside what looked like a cell.