𝖢𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝖤𝗅𝖾𝗏𝖾𝗇

«Burned»

LYDIA and Butcher could hear MM's voice as they walked into the safehouse after their unfruitful visit to Raynor, at least that's what Lydia thought, unlike Butcher who seemed to think he had it all under control.

"There's a fight in the yard, baby. I got to go," MM spoke over the phone before hanging up. "All right. How'd it go with Raynor?"

"No dice," Butcher said, his voice causing Frenchie to shot up from the couch where he was sitting beside Kimiko.

"What?" he asked as he approached Butcher and Lydia.

"Said she got cold feet," Butcher said as Lydia stood beside him shaking her head. Only if he had given her the chance to convince the woman.

"Well, why? Did you tell her everything?" MM asked.

"Yeah, I laid it all out, even the sample of V. Said she couldn't fucking authorize that kind of action against Vought. Too much of a risk," he said.

"Did she?" MM asked. "What about Lydia's files?"

"Not enough," Butcher replied.

"Well you didn't give me the chance to convince her, I was getting there, I-" Lydia spoke but was cut off.

"Nah, you were getting nowhere, love," he said. "She's a fuckin' spineless cunt."

"So we are royally fucked," Frenchie said.

"We are," Lydia sighed.

"No, we ain't," Butcher quickly replied looking at the two with a smirk. "Fuck 'em. We don't need them. We got everyone and everything we need right here in this room. We'll take down Vought ourselves."

Lydia looked around as if to measure whom they really had.

Not enough.

"Where's Hughie?" Butcher suddenly asked.

"Starlight," MM replied as Frenchie walked back to Kimiko, Lydia followed.

"Hi," she waved at Kimiko who smiled at her happily.

"I'm heading out," Butcher said.

"Again?" MM called after him but got no reply, he was already gone.

 "So, how come you didn't sense Translucent's death?" Frenchie suddenly asked Lydia catching her off guard as she sat beside Kimiko.

"What?" she asked looking at him with confusion in her eyes.

"You know, we were talking about your powers and I mean, you can predict death, right? You knew Kimiko was still alive," he said.

"Yeah, I do but Translucent," she said, "I wanted him dead."

It was true, the things they heard about her. Not could she only emit a high pitch scream which can be used defensively, she can also sense when someone was dying by tuning into a supernatural frequency that only she can hear. A Banshee usually screams to drown out all other sounds around her in order to focus on the voices in her head, but Lydia had reached a point where she can just sense it, no screaming needed.

***********

Butcher had returned late that night when everyone was already asleep while Hughie had managed to spend some time with Annie after Butcher had tried to ruin his night. So the next morning the little group short of Hughie sat around the safe house each attending their own business.