0.6

SIX.
the perceptions

🔹️🔹️🔹️

BOOM!

The krayt dragon pierced its teeth into the mountain top, causing Din and Cobb to retreat back to the ground. They yelled cues at one another, and they held their rifles close to them, aiming at the top of the peak.

However, there was smoke covering the area, blocking everybody's view from the dragon. The tuskens that were beside Cobb and Din were also pointing at the sky, preparing to shoot if and when the dragon revealed itself admist all that smoke.

Everyone lowered their rifles a little, unsure whether or not if the dragon was hiding behind the dust. I bit my lip, kneeling beside the child warily.

Just then, there was a sudden rush of uneasiness that ran up my body, making me shiver. I glanced up at the top of the mountain, narrowing my eyes.

'I..' I thought to myself, trying to sense the krayt dragon through the subsiding smoke. 'I don't think its--'

As if on cue, the krayt dragon emerged out of the sand, creating a loud explosion-like sound from behind Din, Cobb, and everyone else. They turned around, facing the source of the harsh blare.

"There he is..!" Din exclaimed, tightening his grasp on his rifle. I held my breath and analyzed the situation, attempting to find something that would benefit the chaotic fight.

That's when I had an idea.

I inspected the place and spotted a whining bantha that was tied down near Din and Cobb; it carried a bunch of explosives on its back. I furrowed my eyebrows and quickly checked on the child, gently ruffling the tiny hairs on his head.

"I'll be right back."

The child replied with a troubled coo as I grabbed a hold of my lightsaber's hilt. I instantly ran towards the struggling bantha while everybody was too busy paying attention to the krayt dragon that was threatening to attack them. 

Without producing any noise, I tapped Din and Cobb on their shoulders which had provoked them to divert their attention onto me; they were taken aback by my presence.

"What are you doing here?" Din grumbled aloud. "You're supposed to be--"

"Not now," I interrupted him, peering at the Marshal in a hurry. "Can you get the beast's attention? I have a plan." Cobb stared at me hesitantly in response. I huffed, "Trust me."

He shook his head and leaned forward, shooting a missile out of his jetpack towards the dragon. Due to the impact of the bomb, the creature screeched in pain, redirecting itself away from the raiders and villagers and to where I wanted it to be -- in front of us. I ran a hand through my hair in approval, quickly moving back to where the bantha was.

"I got its attention!" Cobb shouted, fidgeting with the trigger on his rifle. "Now what!?" 

"You still have that detonator?" I asked him.

"Take it." He said firmly, throwing me the detonator.

I clutched onto the small object, my other hand holding my lightsaber -- there was a slight ache in my arm, but the adrenaline that was running through my veins made me forget the pain. It was.. exciting.

"So what's the plan, princess?" Din rolled his head.

".. You two take care of the kid."

"What?!" Din exclaimed angrily at me. "And what are you gonna do?"