PROLOGUE.

PROLOGUE.
shall we begin?

🔹️🔹️🔹️

The freezing sensation against my burning arm felt unreal. Trying to move it felt as if a thousand metal shards were tearing away at my skin. At least -- I kept telling myself -- it was getting better.

I took a deep breath in, taking in the chilling atmosphere. I leaned back against a wall and crossed my arms. I observed all my surroundings, noticing all the graffiti and strange carnivorous creatures hiding within the town's streets.

I pursed my lips and tugged on the hood of my cloak, covering my face behind the dark fabric. I tilted my head up high, the back of my head touching the rock-hard wall behind me. I looked up into the night sky and huffed -- it was so cold outside that I could see my own breath.

"Damn," I muttered to myself. "Where is he..?"

Just then, a crowd of people started rushing out of a building, panicked. I pushed myself away from the wall and furrowed my eyebrows. I watched as the people scattered all over the place, running back to their homes.

"Hey, hey..!" I quickly stopped a man in the crowd, holding a hand out in front of him. "What's going on?"

"Some crazy Abyssin -- called Gor Koresh -- just killed a Gamorrean fighter in the ring," He informed me nervously. "And now he and his gang are about to kill a Mandalorian..! They might even come after us too!"

Without a moment of hesitation, the man joined the crowd of alarmed people while I just stood there, sighing. I gently covered my mouth with a hand, unable to hold back the small smile on my lips.

"About time."

🔹️🔹️🔹️

".. Not so fast, stranger."

I aimed my blaster at the Abyssin, Gor Koresh, and stood in his way from running past me. He stumbled back in shock, eyes widened. I tilted my head to the side, adjusting the grasp on my blaster.

"W-What do you think you're doing?" He stuttered frighteningly. "G-Get out of my way, you--!"

"You know," I started to say, gazing over the Abyssin's shoulders. That's when I detected a tall and dim figure approaching Gor from behind. I snickered, "I'm not the one you should be saying that to."

As if on cue, the dim figure threw a rope, capturing the Abyssin's ankles. Gor began to struggle as the figure dragged his body towards him, stringing him upside down from a nearby lamppost.

"All right, stop, stop! I'll t-tell you where he is..!" Gor exclaimed breathlessly. I smirked confidently, walking over to the dim and mysterious figure next to the lamppost.

"Took you long enough," I pulled back the hood of my cloak, revealing my face. "Mando."

Din shook his head, moving over to inspect Gor menacingly. The Abyssin stammered on his words, "I-If I tell you, you two must promise that you won't kill me."

"I promise you will not die by my hand." Din replied firmly. Gor turned to stare at me as if he was intimidated by my presence. Mando continued, "Now, where is the Mandalorian you know of?"