0.2

TWO.
the marshal's armor

▪︎▪︎▪︎

"Hey, don't worry. I've got this, Lyn," A voice called out to me, placing a hand on my shoulder. "You just stay here. Got it?"

I scowled, facing the man beside me, "Don't mess it up, Solo."

"Never do." Han winked back in response. He started making his way over to the docking bay with Chewbacca as I watched them from a safe distance away. There, Jabba the Hut and a half-dozen grisly alien pirates were standing in the middle of the bay, searching for Han.

"Solo!" Jabba shouted in Huttese, peering inside the Millennium Falcon. "Come out of there, Solo!"

"Right here, Jabba," Han replied in a sturdy voice, startling Jabba. "I've been waiting for you."

Jabba chuckled, turning around, "Have you now."

"You didn't think I was gonna run, did you?" Han smirked cockily, slowly walking towards him.

"Han, my boy, you disappoint me." Jabba shook his head. "Why haven't you paid me.. and why did you fry poor Greedo?"

While I was eavesdropping on their conversation, my eyes landed on the bounty hunter next to Jabba. The man was wearing some sort of Mandalorian armor; his stance tall. I recognized him -- he was Boba Fett, the most feared bounty hunter in the galaxy. I furrowed my eyebrows.

That's when the bounty hunter gazed in my direction, the fierce light of his helmet glaring. Without a moment of hesitation, I hastily hid behind a corner, my heart racing.

'Shoot.'

I should've been listening to Han and Jabba's discussion, but I couldn't help but block everything out. I felt uneasy; that bounty hunter was.. odd.

I gradually looked around the corner, checking if the bounty hunter was still there. However, he was nowhere to be seen -- he was gone. I steadily moved back to where I was before and to my surprise, the infamous hunter was right in front of me.

Almost immediately, I kicked his knee and threw him onto the ground, grabbing my blaster. I wrapped my legs around his sides and was about to shoot him in the neck when he grabbed onto my thighs and pushed me over. He tried throwing a punch but luckily, I was able to dodge it just in time.

I aimed my blaster right at his helmet as he took his weapon out, pointing it at my forehead. The hunter quickly lowered his blaster, shooting my weapon out of my hand. I felt a streak of heat rush past my hand, the blast nearly touching my skin.

I cursed under my breath, returning to a fighting stance with my fists. The bounty hunter scoffed, rushing towards me with a planned attack. But in that exact moment, I avoided his short strike and smoothly grabbed the blaster from out of his hand.

I aimed the tip at him and was about to shoot when he seized my wrists and slammed me up against a nearby wall. I gasped due to the harsh impact, which provoked me to tighten the grasp on his blaster.