009 | i'll think about it

third person

september quickly came to an end and before anybody knew it, it was homecoming week. the gang weren't the most school-spirited at parkside, but they weren't against all the peppiness some made an effort to participate in.

as much as some of they denied or "hated" it, they'd still go to the football game and the dance the night after. they tried the whole anti-prom or anti-hoco freshman year, since none of them were too excited on the idea with being in a new school. however that idea didn't exactly pull through; even kesley went to the dance last minute in her dress, though the whole week before she said she wouldn't go.

although this year, all of them agreed they'd participate in every little thing this week all the way up to the dance saturday night. monday was pajama day, the only day where almost everyone took part in.

before first period, all the boys were nowhere to be found. corbyn drove savannah and rowyn to school, but once they got out of the car he went his separate ways. jack had already asked kesley to homecoming, even if his ask was the simplest one ever. corbyn and jonah were already going with their girlfriends, and jonah even ran for homecoming king for fun.

last year for sophomore, daniel and savannah went together as friends since neither of them had dates. a kid from rowyn's science class had asked her to go, and she felt bad if she said no. however this year, everyone but row knew that daniel would be asking her this year.

"i'm so sick of this shit, what are we even supposed to do?" kesley whispered to savannah, the two of them in the library. they were in study hall, which was basically a free period. normally they'd spend this time doing whatever they wanted, but they had a psychology project to get done.

savannah kept researching for her project which was on child psychology, "where have you been this past week? you know this is due tomorrow." the two of them in any class together called for trouble. they were never able to pay attention and were infamous for cramming and procrastinating together.

"no," the girl whined, "so do i just talk about...i don't know, help me out here sav." the blonde slid her notebook over to kesley who skimmed through all the notes.

"we're partners on this remember? we're doing child psychology." she informed her.

"yeah 'cause that makes sense." before they could get any more work done, the bell rang and they had their last class of the day. for savannah, it was spanish, and kesley had gym. they went their separate ways where sav bumped into zach who was going the same direction as her. he wore his red flannel pajamas with a grey 'dallas' sweatshirt.

"sorry-"

"my bad-"

both of them laughed, walking side by side towards their class. bulletin boards and posters for homecoming covered the halls along with the overload of blue and yellow decorations for sprit week.

zach nodded his head over to one of the banners and point at it, "so are you going?"

savannah looked at him and raised a brow, "homecoming? of course i am, you?"

"maybe." he shrugged, "i didn't go to this kind of things in my old school."

"let me guess, too cool or some stupid reason like that?" the blonde teased. they stopped at their class and zach opened the door for her as they walked inside to their seats.

he shook his head as he took the worksheets off the front desk, "nah just not interested." savannah took the papers too, both of them going to the back of the classroom where their seats were.

"and now?"

zach looked at the girl next to him and grinned teasingly, "i'll think about it." their teacher stood up in front of the class as she started going over the work for today, ending their conversation.