002 | trouble

third person

savannah and zachary walked out into the hallway side by side, an awkward silence sitting between them. "so what school did you go to last time?" savannah asked the quiet boy.

keeping his gaze at his shoes he answered, "dalton pines." savannah heard of the school, but didn't really know anyone from there.

"cool." was all the blonde could say as they turned the corner to the junior hallway.

"okay so this is where all the junior lockers are and where some of the homerooms are too." savannah began, she took the schedule that was loosely held in zachary's hand and examined it.

"your locked is over..." the girl walked about 10 lockers from where they were standing before stopping at one, "here. locked 385." she handed back his schedule so zachary could open his locker himself.

"my locker's by the corner over there, but this locker below yours is my friend daniel's locker, so you won't have to worry about him."

zachary opened his locker after the first try, "cool it works." he muttered.

savannah laughed slightly, "yeah what were you expecting it to do? fly?"

the boy shut his locker closed and glanced up at the girl, finally taking notice of her blue eyes and dimples, "my last locker was broken." he told her, receiving only a head nod back.

he didn't say much after that, savannah did most of the talking the rest of the tour. she mostly talked about the different teachers zachary would be having that year. coincidentally, the two had a couple classes together, but that didn't seem to interest the boy at all.

savannah didn't seem to enjoy the tour the longer it happened, zachary didn't seem to enjoy it any more than she did either. the fourth period bell rung and the two walked out of their us history class, still no conversation between the two.

"okay well it's lunch now, if you wanna sit with me and my friends i'm sure you could-"

zachary interrupted the kind blonde, "it's fine, i'm heading out for lunch anyways." he said as he began to walk the other direction.

that certainly caught savannah off guard. was he even allowed to do that? she thought, but she didn't overthink it.

"okay well i'll see you later zachary."

"it's zach." the chocolate eyed boy corrected, making it the most interesting thing he's said all day. savannah watched as he ran off towards the exit before walking back to the junior hallway.

she walked down to where she found rowyn and daniel at her locker. the two saw her approaching them and both already had handfuls of questions to ask.

"so how was your tour?" rowyn asked her best friend, shutting her locker closed. the three walked side by side to the cafeteria to find jack and kesley reserving a table for all of them. rowyn and daniel took a seat on the bench across from kesley and jack, while savannah took the seat on the edge.

"hey bitch." kesley said as the three sat down, already snacking on her popcorn.

"hi hoe." daniel responded on behalf of him, rowyn, and savannah.