012 | i'm just saying

third person

around sunrise, zach woke up after sleeping for a couple hours in such an uncomfortable position. seeing the sun rising, he nudged savannah who was still on his shoulder knocked out in her sweats and hoodie.

"sav," he whispered, "sav wake up."

her head quickly went up, her eyes half closed. "wha- huh?" she looked around their surroundings and furrowed her eyebrows, "why are we-"

"we never went home." zach told her, grabbing her hand and helping her get out of the playset. the two stood up at the top of the slide, in which they were too tall for, and climbed down to the ground.

"here i'll walk you home."

"zach?" savannah was still tired, as if she could fall back asleep any minute now.

he made sure she could still walk properly as they walked the couple minutes to her house, "what?"

"nothing i forgot." she laughed sleepily, walking side by side with him. "okay i think i'm awake now."

"good." zach chuckled, holding his suit jacket over his shoulder. the commute to corbyn's house was quicker than expected, and before they knew it they were at the besson's driveway.

"is this where we part ways and don't talk about anything from last night from this point on?"

"no why would you say that?" the brunette laughed quietly, "it's not like we kissed."

savannah's expression drastically changed into a carefree one to a stiff one as she looked at him frozen, "i never said we did."

"i- i know," he stammered, "i'm just saying-"

"were you thinking it?" she teased, making zach roll his eyes.

"yes leeland, i absolutely was thinking about it." he said in a sarcastic tone, "i wanted to kiss you so so bad, in fact i spent all night just thinking about what would happen if i did." he continued with a teasing grin.

"ok ok you made your point," savannah laughed. "i wouldn't kiss you anyways."

"and i to you." zach bowed while the blonde walked up to the front step, he waved his hand. "bye golden girl."

sav rolled her eyes as her hand went to the doorknob, "bye zachary."

she walked inside the besson household to see no one awake, thankfully. she figured if she went and fell asleep in the living room no one would suspect she ever left in the first place. although someone was awake since movement was heard from the kitchen.

"sav?"

the blonde walked further inside to see saskia starting breakfast, "oh hey, good morning." she took a seat at the island, not paying attention to the suspicious look on her aunt's face.

"did you just come from outside?" she asked. she was still in her pajamas with a robe over.

"uh yeah," sav quickly came up with an excuse, "i went for a walk."

saskia smiled as she poured herself some coffee, "aw well that's nice. i might go on a walk myself."

"yeah go ahead," she said in an almost too encouraged tone, "it's nice out today." saskia took her up on the offer and walked back upstairs to get changed into clothes for her walk. savannah turned around towards the living room to see jack wide awake on the couch.

"well that was a load of bs." he laughed, sitting up carefully trying not to wake kesley up. "so where'd ya go sav."

the blonde scoffed, "psh nowhere." jack rolled his eyes, "what's that look?"