015 | i want a truce

third person

after quickly getting dressed and grabbing her backpack, savannah was at the herron's front step in less than 15 minutes. she didn't see any cars in the driveway, meaning his parents weren't home. it also meant zach probably wasn't home either, but it was worth a shot.

the blonde rang the doorbell, waiting a couple seconds until the brown eyed boy was standing in front of her. his hair was a mess and he was in a hoodie and sweats. it was almost 3:00 now, but he definitely looked like he just woke up.

"what are you doing-"

"wow not even a hello herron? where'd your manners go?" savannah scoffed jokingly, letting herself inside the house. she placed her backpack on the couch in the living room, turning her body towards him.

"i want a truce."

zach looked at her confused, "a truce?"

"yes now let me help you." she began taking out her books and setting them up on the coffee table. the brunette watched as she got her stuff ready and rushed upstairs to grab his as well.

he never had friends over, not even at his old school. he definitely had friends, but they were never close enough to be under his parents' roof- especially with his parents around.

even when zach was dating his ex, jenna, he rarely had her over. normally he'd go to her place instead- more like all the time. the only times she'd come to the herron house was for dinner when myta insisted it. it was those times and when she told him she was pregnant.

but jenna never came over after that.

jogging down the steps and almost tripping on the last one, he placed his binders and notebooks on the table next to savannah's books. he caught her glancing over at him and let out a small laugh.

"what?" he asked, "can't get over how i look? i know i know, i woke up like this."

savannah rolled her eyes at him and smiled slightly, "there he is. i thought your ego died a minute ago."

"oh i bet you would've liked that." he laughed, "what's first boss?"

she handed him a piece of paper that listed all his missing assignments that had to be handed in by 3 the latest this afternoon. "how 'bout english?"

"but i hate english." zach groaned, already slumping back into the couch.

savannah took back the paper into her hands and placed it on the table. "exactly so if we tackle that first, then the rest will be easy."

"what's the rest?"

"spanish, math, and history."

zach burrowed his face into the cushions and pillows next to sav, "those are even worse."

the blonde laughed lightly, "maybe you should've thought about that before you decided to do nothing all quarter." handing him a pencil, she glanced at him again. "what were you even doing all quarter?"

"not paying attention." he shrugged, taking the pencil from her.

"yeah no shit," sav laughed, "you don't pay attention to anything we've known this."

"not true, i pay attention to you that's gotta mean something." zach finally found himself looking at her, but he didn't realize it until she started looking back at him, except this time she had a warm smile on her face.

looking away slightly flustered, sav hit his head with a pillow, "it means you're gonna fail if you don't finish this work in 5 hours."

"this is gonna be impossible goldie-"