Chapter 1

Sophie buried her head in her hands. There was no WAY she could pass her mimicking exam from Lady Cadence, but it was only a week away. 

"Foster?" someone said. 

She looked up into beautiful ice blue eyes. Wait- beautiful? Since when did she think that? 

"I can feel your worry across the school, what's with all the vomity vibes?" said Keefe Sencen, one of her best friends. 

" Look who's mood just shifted. Hmm, interesting," he smirked. 

Sophie blushed and stood up, "Just nervous about Midterms. Mimicking, mostly." 

"I told you, mimickings easy, should I come to help you after school?" 

"Sure!" she agreed, probably a little too quickly. Keefe smirked as she blushed again. 

"Foster, Foster, Foster. Always that adorable red color." Sophie tried not to notice that he had called her adorable, but her face refused to cooperate and would have probably made strawberries jealous.

As soon as she got home, Sophie raced up to her room and put on a slightly fitted red tunic, tight black leggings, and just a teeny bit of makeup. She even applied a hint of gold eyeliner that Biana said made her eyes pop. 

As Sophie waited for Keefe to arrive, Edaline came in. 

"Hey Sweetie, you ran up here so fast I couldn't ask how your day was," she noticed the makeup, "Expecting someone?" she said with a knowing smile. 

Sophie flushed, "Keefe is going to help me with mimicking." she said. 

Edaline smiled that horrible, sappy grin straight out of every teen's nightmares, 

"Okay, I'll make you two some Blitzen Berry muffins."(cause we need some variety here!) and left still smiling that awful smile. 

Keefe appeared in a flash of light, "Hey Foster, miss me?" 

He noticed her makeup and stared a little. "What?" She said, hiding behind her hair. Keefe cleared his throat. 

"Nothingnevermind," he said just a little too quickly. 

"All right, mimicking. The key is to try and use the same emotion- not just the accent. Like this; 'Sure!'" he said in a perfect imitation of Sophie. 

She glowered at him, "Okay, fine. 'Nothingnevermind'" she tried to mimic him. 

"Okay, I deserved that." he laughed, "Close, try making your voice a little lower." 

She did, and it sounded a little better. 

"Ugh, I'm hopeless at this." Sophie groaned. 

"No you're not, you can do anything you set your mind to," Keefe said, then flushed a little. Sophie did too, and when she looked up, Keefe was staring at her a little intense and moved just a tiny bit closer. 

Her heart went into hummingbird mode. 

"Sophie-" Edaline burst in holding a tray of delicious-looking golden muffins with purple berries. "Oh am I interrupting something?" she asked all too innocently. 

"NO!" Keefe and Sophie shouted and scooted back. 

"Hmm," Edaline gave them THAT smile, "Enjoy your muffins! She cooed(sorry, I couldn't resist 😀), and hurried out of the room. 

Sophie took a muffin, letting the pops and zings of the Blitzen Berries wash away the awkwardness. After a while, Keefe spoke up "Well, I've got to get going or Daddy of the Year will get worried. See you tomorrow Foster." 

"Bye Keefe," she whispered as he glittered away.

A/N Not to bad for the first chapter

Word Count | 539 Words